decoys

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

decoys

Postby dannyboy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:27 am

What would be a good spread for duck hunting on the mississipi river in lacrosse
dannyboy
Newb

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:44 pm

When are you hunting. If I was to hunt during the main push, I'd have everything I have out there. Divers, Puddlers, Geese, confidence decoys, Mallard Machine, and spinners. During the big push, bigger IS better! If I was hunting Woodies and Teal on the opener, I'd leave the decoys behind, and jump the guts and ponds. If you give me more details, I can lead you in the right direction. :salude: Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dannyboy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:35 pm

october 28-november1
dannyboy
Newb

Postby twin_teal » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm

I'm from the lacrosse area and the later the season gets, the more decoys you should put out. Right now there are a TON of ducks. The bigger the flock, the more ducks you'll shoot.
why have a mud motor when you could have an airboat?
twin_teal
hunter

Postby Remington1187 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:38 pm

God i wish i was huntin there right now! i turkey hunt in alma ..... about 45 minutes north of lacrosse and its beatiful country........its so depressing wen u gotta leave!
"And there came a voice to him, 'Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.' " - Acts 10:13
Remington1187
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting