Hammerin the Ducks in Northern WI

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Hammerin the Ducks in Northern WI

Postby TeamSkoal » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:47 am

Was up north at my buddys place these past few days, skipped classes for a couple days here at marquette, just needed a break from my 6 engineering classes. Was blown away. Hunted out on the Rainbow flowage on monday and tuesday and just hammered 'em. Between 3 guys and two days we got 36 ducks, yep thats right 3 limits each day. A great mixed bag too including wigeon, wood duck, greater scaupe, ringbills, and yes a few greenheads too.

Anyone else hunting up in this area, how you doin?
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:27 am

Hey team Skoal, are you on the www.wisconsinduckhunter.com forum? Thought I saw a post with team Skoal on there as well. How's the season going for you? Still killing them?
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Season

Postby TeamSkoal » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:33 pm

Pete-pac,

Yeah thats me on wisconsinduckhunter.com, i hadnt been on there since last fall and forgot my password for my handle TeamSkoal, so i had to make a new one for them, TeamSkoal-Apple (cuase apple skoal is so so good). But anways seasons been goin ok, only gotton out really on the weekns cuase ive been so busy with school work. But after next week i hope to get out every tues and thurs as well as the weekns.
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:58 am

Like this forum, there hasn't been much as far as postings for the state of Wisconsin. I hunt here in southern Wisconsin,( Janesville area) and and can't wait til Saturdays' 2nd opener! We've been hunting the geese out in the fields, and have a tornado (500 or more) of Mallards working our spread of decoys every morning or evening. We landed at least 200 last night without a Mallard decoy or a duck call! That's pretty awesome when you here the sound of 500 ducks whistling right over the top of your lay-out blinds. We shot 4 for 4 on our one bird limit on geese . We shot 4 cacklers that were no larger than a mallard. I do my own taxidermy so that little guy is going on the wall. Good luck this weekend, and keep me posted on your season. Wings cupped, Pete.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TeamSkoal » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Pete Pac,

I mentioned in my last post, i was going up north next week through the fallowing sunday, but after that im bringing all my gear down to milwaukee. I really dont have anyone to hunt with down here and am looking for some good guys, to make my "southern wisconsin hunting buddies" so if you would like to hook up sometime, either weekends/tues morn i have off/or all day on thursday, id like to bust some ducks together. let me know if you would want to

Eric

Remember duck hunting not a sport, its a passion
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:40 am

Hey teamSkoal, I live about 30 miles north of Milwaukee. I'll hunt with you anytime.

I just got back from 5 days in North Dakota where we did pretty well, so I'll be taking the next couple weeks off, but after that I will hunt almost any day.
OzaukeeDoug
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:14 am

Hey Team Skoal,
I wasn't trying to blow you off. I made a response post to you , but it never made to the forum. I am pretty busy, but I do have some of those days off that you were mentioning, and would love to get out. Maybe after the Deer gun season we can get out for those Goldeneyes. I do have a spot on the Rock River that holds Goldeneyes, Buffleheads, and some Hooded Mergansers. Let me know if you can get together after the gun season, and we'll go shoot some divers. Do you have a little honey-hole over by you? Maybe we can get out twice. Maybe we can even get out with Ozaukee Doug. What do you think Doug? Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:29 am

Sounds good to me. I've been looking to get a goldeneye mounted for a few years now, but can't ever seem to get a nice one. So count me in!
OzaukeeDoug
hunter

Postby TeamSkoal » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:18 pm

Pete-pac,

Hey man i would love to hook up and bust some ducks. I love diver hunting. As far as honeyholes, i dont get out much around the milwaukee area. But back at home i got couple spots that i walk into bago on that people dont konw about. They are basically right int he city of neenah and people dont realize that you discharge a firearm where i hunt. We usally get the cops called, but they come and are like "we cant do anything about, they are legal". Ha the resident around the spost think they own the ducks or something. Anways keep in touch, im open the next couple weekns between now and deer hunting, thurs and tues as well. But if ur busy than for sure after deer season. I love late season, cold weather, duck hunting. Only the dedicated, hardy duck hunters are up the challenge. Keep in touch

Teamskoal
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby TeamSkoal » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:21 pm

Ozaukeedog,

Would love to hook and bust some ducks, keep in touch. I got tues and thurs off so if you can get on those days let me konw. If not weekns are a sure thing. Let me konw
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:08 am

Ozaukee and Team Skoal,
The only time we can get those divers around here is when the lakes start to crust over. So if you have a hard time with the cold this may not be the hunt for you, but when you see the sky full of whistlers it seems to warm you up a bit. These ducks are in full color and are beautiful on the wall. I do my own taxidermy and already have a pair mounted, so we can probably get you a real beauty! I'll post my schedule when the divers come in so stay on this post. Wednesday the 3rd we got two Buffleheads Two Bluebills and some geese and puddlers. The flight is just starting. We are seeing droves of Teals and other small ducks, but it is only going to get hotter! I'll keep you posted! Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Team Skoal and Ozaukee Doug,
Not sure if the cold is going to happen this year! So I'm not sure if the Divers around here are going to come around either. Shot a few Goldeneyes and Buffleheads on Monday the 15th, but nothing real strong happening yet. The only two days I can hunt in December, are the 1st and 2nd (Monday and Tuesday). I'm still not sure if it will even happen or not, so I'll let you know if anything is down or not before the previous weekend is over. Let me know if anything is happening over in your area and maybe I can make a one day trip over to your neck of the woods. Have gun will travel! Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting