A question about a Wisconsin boat maker.

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

A question about a Wisconsin boat maker.

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:29 pm

I recently came across an ad for Cranberry Creek Canoes, that are made in WI, and was wondering if anyone from that area has had one or seen one, and what their impressions were. I'm thinking of buying a new canoe next year and they looked interesting. Especially the marshlander and backwater models. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby hoover » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:46 pm

ok, i am in chippewa falls...near where these things are made. they have had a few different names...this latest company name of cranberry creek is pretty new to me but i assume they are still using marv belknap's molds. at least on the web site they claim marv belknap as the founder of the company. i had one several years ago...a double ender that was 13' long. it was short and wide, that is about all i remember. i also had one of the first attempts at a duck boat similar to a stealth. that was really a poor design....no keel ???? would not track at all ...slid sideways and around in circles>>>>unbelievable. don't know who the new owners are. don't know what else i could answer for you .
hoover
hunter

Postby pointimgdogs » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:15 am

CLUTCHfan, I am also considering a Cranberry Creek canoe. The 15’10” row troller. There is a company here in MN called, River Ridge Canoes, which makes a similar canoe. So I think the design is good. I am going to visit the Cranberry Creek factory in Cadott, WI after New Years.The River Ridge Canoes have to much stuff on them, I want a basic canoe. But check their web site! :yes: http://www.riverridgecustomcanoes.com/
pointimgdogs
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:59 pm

Thanks, let me know how they look after you see them.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting