LAKE WINNEBAGO>>>>>>>WHERE TO?????

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

LAKE WINNEBAGO>>>>>>>WHERE TO?????

Postby chase83 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:09 am

I am looking to traveling up to winnebago a few time s this season for some open water diver action....please give me any info on where to hunt, launch, etc

any help would be great!!
SHOT EM IN THE FACE!!!
NO MORE skybusting!!

1756vbw G3 35hp GDSD
chase83
hunter

Bago Hunting

Postby TeamSkoal » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:48 am

Bago is near impossible to hunt, becuase of the all restrictions the DNR places on the lake, see the waterfowl booklet for laws. Best spot on the lake is blackbird island, unfortunealy its private.

I have a couple spots that i walk into the lake in fox cities area, that most people dont konw are legal for firearm discharge, they are basically right in the city out infront of peoples houses. They call the cops everytime, they come, watch, and say "its legal, we cant do anything about it". We usually do good.

Thats the only way i konw to hunt the lake, never took a boat out.
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby chase83 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:28 am

What do you mean by restrictions....You can hunt anywhere on winnebago!!! I have never seen any major restrictions on Bago....

What are you referring to...I am planning on open water hunting for dviers!!! in a boat
SHOT EM IN THE FACE!!!
NO MORE skybusting!!

1756vbw G3 35hp GDSD
chase83
hunter

Postby TeamSkoal » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:16 pm

I forget exactly how they are, but if you look in the DNR booklet there arespecial restrictions placed on bago. Layout boat is the way to go if you can pull it off. But i think in the dnr book you have to 1000 ft from shore if you dont have any vegitation around you or something like that. Just check out in the book so you konw for sure. Good Luck
TeamSkoal
hunter

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:37 am

I think winnebago is mostly open, I guess I gotta re-read the regs
Last edited by OzaukeeDoug on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzaukeeDoug
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:26 am

Doug,
Sounds like a blast! When we going? Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Divers

Postby bbach66 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:07 pm

OzaukeeDoug wrote:Skip Winnebago and go to the lake next door, Butte des Morts. There are huge reed beds straight east of the landing, just get there early and follow the other boats out. Pick a reed bed of your own and you will have more divers than you know what to do with.

Whats the mix of ducks you usually see? I'm looking for a place to go and I have a boat but its not a blind. In those reeds you have to be standing on the bottom? Do you take a dog and what do you use for the dog if your in the reeds? Sorry for the 20 questions....just curious.

Brian
bbach66
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting