Duck Hunting Forum banner

Green Bay

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Stish85 
#1 ·
Any hunters out there on the bay? I was out there last weekend and was pretty disappointed so far. Did not see half of the ducks I saw during scouting. Only ended up with 2 red heads.

#4 ·
Went out of Gaenos this morning and had some action for a few minutes before the fog set in for a long time. Some cans and bills cruising around but nothing real exciting. We were maybe a mile or so out and heard a few others emptying some shells also. Very spotty action. No big bird numbers from what we saw

#5 ·
Launched at Suamico last Wed. and had very little action. A few bills and some buffs.

Hunted out of Bay Shore on the east side yesterday morning until about 10 am. Fairly good action with several bills, goldeneyes, and black scoters. Alot of trailers in the lot but not crowded at all where we set up. Heard quite abit of shooting which seemed to keep some of the birds moving. Flagging from the layouts seemed to work well on the scoters.

#7 ·
Many birds rafted up today out towards the shipping channel roughly between Gaenos Beach and Bay Shore landings. Several thousands according to some other hunters we spoke to later. Suamico landing was iced over some but very useable. Might be a good ending to the season for those who can get out there.

#16 ·
For you people that don't hunt here regularly, can you do the locals a favor and not say where you put in and where you hunted.

Way too many people "internet" scout and the places will be packed.

Thanks

#19 ·
How was the pressure out on the bay thus weekend? I went out last weekend and had so many guys around not being respectful and left a sour taste in my mouth. That's the third time this year I have had issues with other people. It's a shame really, I've been hunting here for 15 years and until this year have never ran into anyone that wasn't friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.