Attn. All LOWER MUD LAKE Hunters!!

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Attn. All LOWER MUD LAKE Hunters!!

Postby GunDawg420 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Location: Dane County, Mcfarland, Lower Mud Lake, Jaeger Landing Boat Launch/Island

On Sunday after a good morning duck hunt we called it a day with 3 buffleheads and 1 goose in the boat...By the time we picked up and made our way up the Yahara River back to Jaeger Landing Boat Launch there was a guy in a blue Ford F-150 waiting for us at the boat launch...I hopped off the boat and headed for the truck to back the trailer in and before I could even get onto the blacktop this old man was all up in my face screaming at me accusing me of shooting at a Loon..."Shoot at Loons much?!?!?" "You guys are F'ing clowns and unethical hunters, if you cant identify birds why are in the F are you out here!" Now this guy was really really angry and being quite possibly the biggest d-bag I have ever encountered....I am 200% positive that no one in my hunting party shot at or even saw a Loon, just to see a Loon in Dane County is extremely rare...So basically anyone who hunts on Lower Mud Lake watch yer back for the CLOWN who hunts on the island at the mouth of the river, hes a **** and completely out of control...He threatend to "knock our teeth in and beat the $hit out of us" because we were being "unethical"...He threatened to call the DNR and I welcomed him to get a warden down there and to search our boat because absolutely nothing we were doing was unethical or illegal. There is no room in the duck hunting world for losers like that.

Just a side note, if by some chance the guy who freaked out on us is reading this post, GO F YERSELF!! If I ever run into you at the boat launch again there will be words and we will NOT be as calm and cool this time...And also just because you did that and acted like a such a 2 year old, I am gonna hunt in that exact same spot I did on Sunday every weekend for the rest of the year, and I am gonna sky bust any flock of birds that even glances in your direction...Who do you think you are attacking us like that and accusing us of being "unethical"....If I get to the boat launch and yer blue Ford F-150 is already there, I will guarantee you that I am going to take a big nasty dump on the hood of yer crappy old truck...you flipped out on the wrong guys ya old grumpy P.O.S.!

Sorry my rant and rave is over, I just hate when idiots think they are king sh*t on turd island and they make themselves look like complete fools.

PS. If anyone on here knows the name of the guy who hunts that island on Lower Mud Lake please PM me and let me know his name and any info you have, I'd really like to get in contact with this clown and straighten things out.
If you're too busy to go duck hunting, then you're too busy!
GunDawg420
hunter

Re: Attn. All LOWER MUD LAKE Hunters!!

Postby brad43 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I don't know the guys name, but I've heard about the guy who hunts that island. Same kind of stuff though. A couple years back the same guys buddy tried to kicks some guys I know off of the river there. They said if this guy sees them hunting, he'll "kick their ***". I guess these guys own lower mud?

Brad
brad43
hunter

Postby abmcp13 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:42 pm

I hunted Mud today as well, not much luck, showed up late (what I consider early) and all the good spots had been taken. My brother, dad, and I hunted the Island Saturday, and no one hassled us. And I apologize to you guys, I was the idiot driving around at four thirty, crossing the lake four times trying to find a spot. :oops:
Go afield with a good attitude, Walk with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear
abmcp13
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 am

No need for the apology, Mud Lake was an absolute zoo on Sunday, we did the same thing cruisin from one side to the other just have someone flash a light at us as we got close to the shoreline...Apparently the guy on the island on Sunday morning was promoted to king regulator of Mud Lake for the day or something haha
Did anyone who hunted Mud Lake on Sunday see any Loons fly over?!?!?
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby sportsman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:52 am

GunDawg420 wrote:Location: Dane County, Mcfarland, Lower Mud Lake, Jaeger Landing Boat Launch/Island

guy in a blue Ford F-150 waiting for us at the boat launch.

I've had the pleasure to meet this man more than once. All I can say is don't worry about it because he's clearly nuts :thumbsup:
sportsman
hunter

Postby abmcp13 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 am

GunDawg420 wrote:Did anyone who hunted Mud Lake on Sunday see any Loons fly over?!?!?

Yeah, we saw a few Saturday and Sunday. Wasn't sure what they were at first.
Go afield with a good attitude, Walk with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear
abmcp13
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Yeah I saw a BIG loner bird that I thought was a Cormeran(not sure on spelling haha), but now that I think about it, that may have been a Loon...Regardless of what that big loner bird was no one shot at it, or even thought about it...Im only 25 years old, but I have been duck hunting and ID'ing birds for almost 15 years now and I have NEVER killed an illegal bird or even shot at one! I know Im starting to rant again about this guy, but I hate it when someone accuses me of poaching and being an unethical hunter...People like that can totally ruin a good day of hunting even after yer off the water/field...Out of sheer respect for my elders I did not smart off to him or respond with any hostility towards this guy, I was calm, polite and courteous, even after he threatened to "knock my teeth in and beat my ***" I just laughed at him and walked away, which was the only way I kept myself from totally going off on this guy...Ugghh sooo many things running thru my head that I want to say to this guy! :mad:
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby DukDukGoose » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Sounds like there is atleast one "Loon" on the lake!
DukDukGoose
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:18 pm

:lol: Thats the truth!!
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby rmb79 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Just slash his tires next time. Problem solved.
rmb79
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Sounds like Mud has grown in popularity. I haven't even duck hunted this year, but when I do hunt mud, I try to hunt the island. I will surly tell you, that this dude won't be pissing on my shoes! It will be his teeth spitting out like corn if he wants to act like a cack-knocker! I've had problems with people camping right on my decoys before, and even scolded a prick who was an older fella for being such a turd, but have never had any real run-ins with anyone. I drive a black F150, and plan to be there hunting with Wisconsin Waterfowler at least once this year, so PLEASE don't take a crap on my hood! I'm no jerk, and probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet......unless you piss me off! I think you handled it like you should have, but I might consider calling a warden, and having him settle the next battle. Hunter harassment is not taken lightly.

I am now more excited to get out there, and see if I can teach this old boy a lesson! :beer:
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GunDawg420 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 pm

I will be out on Mud Lake this Saturday and Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for ya Pete...I drive a tan silverado crew cab with a camo tool box, feel free to stop and say hi if you see us out there! And I know exactly what kind and color of F-150 this tool drives and I really hope hes out there again this weekend...I will probably be hunting along the shore behind the island at the mouth of the river, again if its slow feel free to swing by! good luck and happy hunting!
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:50 am

I read this post about a year ago. I know who you are talking about, his name is Brad and he is insane. On a side note one of my hunting buddies was out with him, b/c he didn't have a boat and his Dad knew the guy, and he said you guys were shooting loons. Second off he said you kicked Brad's dog and thats why he said he'll kick ur front teeth in. I hate the guy but don't post stuff that isn't true. No offense but theirs a lot of retards that go out to Lower Mud not sure if your one of them but I stopped hunting their b/c people sky bust the crap out of every duck.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

WIDrakeKiller wrote:and he said you guys were shooting loons. Second off he said you kicked Brad's dog and thats why he said he'll kick ur front teeth in

:mad:

Both of those statements are 150% FALSE....We absolutely did not shoot at any Loons...And I never even saw the guys dog, and the only reason I know he had a dog with him is because the whole darn lake could hear him screaming at his dog all morning long...I am a total dog lover, I have 2 labs of my own, and I would NEVER kick my dog and definately would never kick somebody elses dog!!! The fact that someone is accusing me of kicking any dog, let alone a duck dog, is offensive to me. I dont mean any disrepect to you but your buddy or Brad is telling you complete lies...And that Brad character, in my book is even more of a peice of $h*t.
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:56 pm

The part where you say don't post stuff that isn't true, but you post the loon and dog story as if you were there, when in fact neither you or your buddy who hunted with this Brad guy were there. Because this admitted by you jerk says something, it's any more true than what these other guys are claiming seems a bit silly on your part. What does insane mean to you? It means to me a guy who doesn't think with a clear mind. I will say there are some of the rudest people hunting there, and just like any public place in Wisconsin, sky busters to the highest level. That's probably the reason I haven't hunted ducks yet this year. I've been bow hunting deer that much more, and will continue to get my duck fix by traveling to pleasurable hunting grounds in other states and other places.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby recker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

The problem is guys like that dont go on sites like this because they are not hunters.

GunDawg420 wrote:Location: Dane County, Mcfarland, Lower Mud Lake, Jaeger Landing Boat Launch/Island

On Sunday after a good morning duck hunt we called it a day with 3 buffleheads and 1 goose in the boat...By the time we picked up and made our way up the Yahara River back to Jaeger Landing Boat Launch there was a guy in a blue Ford F-150 waiting for us at the boat launch...I hopped off the boat and headed for the truck to back the trailer in and before I could even get onto the blacktop this old man was all up in my face screaming at me accusing me of shooting at a Loon..."Shoot at Loons much?!?!?" "You guys are F'ing clowns and unethical hunters, if you cant identify birds why are in the F are you out here!" Now this guy was really really angry and being quite possibly the biggest d-bag I have ever encountered....I am 200% positive that no one in my hunting party shot at or even saw a Loon, just to see a Loon in Dane County is extremely rare...So basically anyone who hunts on Lower Mud Lake watch yer back for the CLOWN who hunts on the island at the mouth of the river, hes a **** and completely out of control...He threatend to "knock our teeth in and beat the $hit out of us" because we were being "unethical"...He threatened to call the DNR and I welcomed him to get a warden down there and to search our boat because absolutely nothing we were doing was unethical or illegal. There is no room in the duck hunting world for losers like that.

Just a side note, if by some chance the guy who freaked out on us is reading this post, GO F YERSELF!! If I ever run into you at the boat launch again there will be words and we will NOT be as calm and cool this time...And also just because you did that and acted like a such a 2 year old, I am gonna hunt in that exact same spot I did on Sunday every weekend for the rest of the year, and I am gonna sky bust any flock of birds that even glances in your direction...Who do you think you are attacking us like that and accusing us of being "unethical"....If I get to the boat launch and yer blue Ford F-150 is already there, I will guarantee you that I am going to take a big nasty dump on the hood of yer crappy old truck...you flipped out on the wrong guys ya old grumpy P.O.S.!

Sorry my rant and rave is over, I just hate when idiots think they are king sh*t on turd island and they make themselves look like complete fools.

PS. If anyone on here knows the name of the guy who hunts that island on Lower Mud Lake please PM me and let me know his name and any info you have, I'd really like to get in contact with this clown and straighten things out.
recker
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 pm

First off i hate brad he ripped down my blind on upper mud secondly i was wrong about the dog thing my brothers friend who was there said he kicked urn dog. Important not his buddy either the guy.hates me and my brother
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Someone showed me a video of him shooting 2 mallard hens and throwing one back. Im just saying what my brothers friend said too. Do u hunt at lower mud every week too. My boat is a 14' with a mudmotor on it if u ever see us out their. We usually don't go out their alot. Some guy said he was gonna drown me and my brother for hunting a public spot that was supposedly his Madison lakes suck!
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 am

WIDrakeKiller wrote:Someone showed me a video of him shooting 2 mallard hens and throwing one back. Im just saying what my brothers friend said too. Do u hunt at lower mud every week too. My boat is a 14' with a mudmotor on it if u ever see us out their. We usually don't go out their alot. Some guy said he was gonna drown me and my brother for hunting a public spot that was supposedly his Madison lakes suck!

I could totally see this guy just dumping unwanted hen mallards :no:

I dont hunt Lower Mud everytime I go out, but I do hunt there atleast once a week usually on weekdays now to avoid retards like BRAD....Ive gotta 16' flat bottom with a mudmotor, and a silver explorer sport trac, and a young crazy black lab haha feel free to stop by and say hi if you see us out there!

And let me just say that he didnt kick my dog either, if he would have I definately would not have just walked away from the situation laughing...I get upset when someone besides me even scolds or punishes my dog, some stranger kicking my dog would not have been tolerated!

Anyhow, I'll be taking my old college roommate out on Lower Mud this Saturday so hopefully we can all have a fun and successful hunt without any "situations"

Good Luck Guys!
:beer:
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby Richie27 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 am

GunDawg,
Hopefully yall have a good hunt this weekend. Let us know how you do and if this clown makes an appearance.

-Good luck
Richie27
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:04 am

^^
Thanks man, with the storms moving in overnight it could either be an excellent morning hunt or it could be not so hot...Either way I'll be out on water trying to knock some birds down! If I dont get any ducks this weekend my kids go hungry all week, this week off of the season has made the stomachs around my household pretty empty! haha :wink: :lol3:
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 am

Well we battled the thunderstorms and watched the lightning show all morning on Saturday before shooting hours...Paid off though because once we finally got that 1.5 hour break in the rain the ducks really started flying and coming in nicely to our decoys...We ended up getting 1 duck shy of a 2 man limit, we technically knocked down 12 ducks and shouldve had our limit but one duck was wounded and dove on the dog and swam across the lake right into another hunters decoy spread, where they obviously dispatched the runaway duck for us :lol3: Came back out on Sunday to the same spot and same weather conditions and we only got 2 Red Heads, and 1 BWT, very slow and wet all morning.

*Just a side note, we got the total shake down from the DNR Warden on Saturday as we were taking the boat out of the water...We were all good and legal but he said that he had been getting reports of a hunting group leaving dead Coots and Hens at the boat launch, so if you're the people who are doing that I'd suggest you stop, the Warden is on the prowl! :fingerpt:
Attachments
duck.JPG
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:04 am

Forgot about this little guy we shot...had this hair tie wrapped around her head...We breasted it out and you could tell this duck hadn't eaten in a long time, the breast meat was almost paper thin and it was really slimy and the meat looked very unhealthy.
Attachments
duck2.JPG
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby Robert Becherer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 pm

One has to wonder how something like that got stuck on her head.It's a shame that all the crap is in the water.Some people just don't care I guess
Robert Becherer
hunter

Postby DukDukGoose » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Robert Becherer wrote:One has to wonder how something like that got stuck on her head.It's a shame that all the crap is in the water.Some people just don't care I guess

Or someone put it on there.... I smell a conspiracy.
DukDukGoose
hunter

Next

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting