Buckhorn State Park(Castle Rock Lake)

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Buckhorn State Park(Castle Rock Lake)

Postby mudder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Anyone camp here..............looks like a cool campground with many boat in/ walk in only sites.

Anyone fish Castle Rock Lake? Looking to find the gills and eyes in a couple of weeks.

Any fishing tips would be helpful.

Thanks
mudder
hunter

Re: Buckhorn State Park(Castle Rock Lake)

Postby abmcp13 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 am

I used to go there when I was in elementary school. The park is great, but I never did much fishing, all we had was a canoe.
Go afield with a good attitude, Walk with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear
abmcp13
hunter

Re: Buckhorn State Park(Castle Rock Lake)

Postby backwatergambler » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm

This may be to late, However yes Castle rock is a very good lake to fish with plenty of eyes, and some very nice gills and crappie. Message me if you have not went yet will see if I can help you ouy. I have tournament fished the lake many times and also rec fish it alot,as I only live 10 miles from the rock!.
backwatergambler
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting