Getting together for a hunt

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Re: Getting together for a hunt

Postby abmcp13 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am

War Wagon wrote:War Wagon Crew would welcome some of you Boys, we hunt in Northern Wis away from those big towns. Let see who is willing to come up later in October :hi:

How far north are you talking? I hunt up in Mercer for part of the season.
Go afield with a good attitude, Walk with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear
abmcp13
hunter

Postby webfettish » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Warwagon- Where about up north? I may want to tag along.

backwoods, i am not far from sheboygan, about an hour and a half from manitowoc, two rivers area, and im always down in milwaukee/waukesha area for work so if i have to stay overnight down there maybe we could meet up for a hunt some night?? Add me to friends and we can see what times you are where. I'd love to go to KY, just need details about when and where i would need to meet you, how long, where would we stay, etc.

Scouting is going as good as it can go really around here, the duck population around horicon marsh is very healthy despite the crappy drought conditions, even puddles where you wouldnt expect ducks ive been jumping 10 at a time, some of the bigger ponds have 50-100 ducks on it.

If anyones hunting around horicon/oakfield/eldorado area or over by green lake county anywhere hit me up! :beer:
webfettish
hunter

Location: Horicon, Oakfield, Eldorado, Green Bay, Winnebago (Water in WI)

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Will do! Just got a order for 2 boats to build so between those and my job ill try fit in a day where a couple of us can get out together! Looking forward to the season, if I don't hear from you guys before early goose goodluck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 am

I have backwoods phone # now so we are in contact.

a KY trip would be heading out for just the weekend unless i have vacation to use in dec or january. or mid sept.

I make several trips almost every weekend down south after the season goes out. takes 6.5hrs. leaving out 430 or so from cudahy/milwaukee.

we would stay at my parents place. they have a heated shop with small apartment in it. full bathroom/kitchen and 2 beds.

so Thats always an option and good change of scenery. going for wood ducks and teal mid september.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 am

I am also looking at going scouting for ducks/geese and new spots next sat and sun (not this weekend) so let me know who needs another person and i will tag along or we can go to some areas I know. let me know fellas.

I wouldnt mind checking out horicon because i've never even seen the place.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Webfettish,

If your not far from Sheboygan you must not be far from Plymouth, If you looking for someone on a random weekend I will be home most of them duck hunting the am and bow in the pm, so if you want to get together im game for anything.
wigginsk
hunter

Postby webfettish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm

yea im in the fond du lac area. ill add you to friends list. :thumbsup:
webfettish
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Im in the Ripon area for school so im not sure if you head out that way at all but that would open up my availability even more, and sounds good just send me a message later on and we can get in touch
wigginsk
hunter

Postby webfettish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

i actually live like 10 minutes away from ripon so lol looks like if you need someone to show you around, im your guy. we hunt eldorado marsh area and horicon marsh area, sometimes over by green lake as well. Get your early goose permit?
webfettish
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 pm

awesome, and yep got everything, I should be able to have have all of my hunting stuff at school with me, bc a few buddies hunt too however i wont have my shotgun for obvious reasons and the guys i used to hunt with who lived off campus are gone so im kind of up a creek that way, Im trying to find someone around there that i can keep one with just in case but otherwise im screwed
wigginsk
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:09 pm

wiggins rent a small storage unit
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Outlaw thats a great idea but i found out one of my buddies has to put in another semester and is living off campus, so just gonna get a lock case for my gun and keep it with him, just gotta take him on a hunt or 2 with me. seems fair enough to me
wigginsk
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 am

Pretty even trade. gotta do what ya gotta do in hard times......man's gotta duck hunt lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Richie27 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:23 pm

OutLaw, I'll go down with you to Paducah the weekend of the quilt fair. Just drop me off with your buddies to hunt and we'll pick you up once we're done. I'm sure you'll pickup some nice quilts...
Richie27
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 am

I chase the cougars at quilt fair
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Richie27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I bet those cougars are a little long in the tooth and probably road hard and put up wet...
Richie27
hunter

Postby Podcast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 am

I'm settin in Plymouth now guys. I typically hunt back home near Merrill or the Horicon. I've been at the Sheboygan marsh a couple times but never did real good there.

I run water only but got an 18' with a ProDrive and be willin ta take some guys er tag along either way.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter

Postby webfettish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:06 pm

theres a larger marsh area by kiel i wanted to check out. you ever been?
webfettish
hunter

Postby Podcast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 pm

^^ yes I've been there. I regularly run the river and up to the Kiel marsh area. The Kiel marsh is definitely smaller but along the river there's some good holes the birds go ta when they're gettin pushed around. It's a lot a fun ta go ridin through Kiel on the north side with a wide open exhaust and watch the people in the parks stare at ya!
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:00 pm

21 days till early season opener
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby RidgewayVol » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 am

Outlaw, did you say you lived in Kentucky? I recently relocated about an hour NW of Chicago from Northern Kentucky.
RidgewayVol
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 am

I live near milwaukee now. im from west ky
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby webfettish » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 am

Went s outing last night. Saw a buttload of geese in an upland field that had been Chopped n bailed. About 60 geese inthe pond right next to it.
webfettish
hunter

Postby Richie27 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 pm

webfettish wrote:Went s outing last night. Saw a buttload of geese in an upland field that had been Chopped n bailed. About 60 geese inthe pond right next to it.

Go get permission and lay the hammer down on the 1st!
Richie27
hunter

Postby webfettish » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Richie27 wrote:
webfettish wrote:Went s outing last night. Saw a buttload of geese in an upland field that had been Chopped n bailed. About 60 geese inthe pond right next to it.

Go get permission and lay the hammer down on the 1st!

I got permission :thumbsup: I will do some more scouting next week before saturday and let you guys know how it goes.
webfettish
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting