Stoddard, LaCrosse guys

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Stoddard, LaCrosse guys

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:20 pm

Hows the fishing been? I'm heading home next week and was hoping to hear something. My fathers been working to much on the house to have been out. I'll change that for him tho.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:28 pm

I have a buddy who was just up your way (La Crosse), and got into the Smallies. He was using a Wacky Worm and a Chomper, him and his Dad caught around 50 in a day and a half. Alot of shorties though. average was 12 to 13 inchers. Biggest was 19". I also have a friend who just moved up to Seneca, and he mostly fishes for Bluegills, and has been hammering them at Cold Springs. He's also been catching some real dandy Smallies right near Seneca. When you head home you should take a ride down to Madison, and hit Waubesa. If your after panfish, which I know you have to be craving, their fast and furious out there right now. We've been piss-pounding them for over a month now. Give me a shout if you're interested. I've got the boat, and you've got the beer! Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and in the area, and we'll head out. I'll shoot you my phone number if you're interested? I have off half the month with my work schedule, and have off weekdays as well, so it doesn't have to be a weekend.

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Richard C » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Panfish have been really hitting hard.. 12-15 inch bass are always easy on the river...
Richard C
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:32 am

I just got back, sorry for not getting ahold of ya Pete.

I had to much to do and to little time.

I did have one nice day on the river my dad and I took home about 20 bluegill and crappie total in about 3 hours. We caught the crap out of the little ones. If I was more liberal on my personal size limit I think we would have had double what we caught. But dad all ways taught me to toss em back to grow.

And I must say that LaCrosse Riverfest has done nothing but go downhill since I was about 10. Crappy music, expensive beer, and then I got drug on stage to square dance. they need to revamp.

But I had a great time. I miss that place more every day. Just need to find a job and I'll be back in the land of cheese.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:54 am

Not a problem. We went out on Friday, and caught 80 with 4 guys, fileted them up and cooked them that night, with an ass-load of beer. You should have been here...... Maybe next visit?

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:06 am

The GF loved the area my brother lives in. We spent a lot of time around the lakes playing with the brothers dog. Loved the area. Now we must see. She also fell in love with some things in La Crosse but don't think she could live there long.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:38 pm

Madison is nice, but too liberal for me, and the housing is rediculous! How about Beloit? :toofunny:

You might not get the joke! It's one of those Janesville things!

I love the Mississippi area near where your Dad's at, a bit redneck, but what the hell, I'm a redneck! And the beer tastes good in any part of this state!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:47 pm

I am amazed that each time I come home I discover another Wisconsin beer that is amazing. I found Viking Brewery our of Dallas Wi, this past trip. I don't know where my friend goes to find them but he does every trip he takes home.

I would so love to move tomorrow. LaCrosse does have its rednecks but it has common grounded people everywhere. Something that is hard to find in Phoenix these days.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Richard C » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:29 am

I have lived in Lacrosse now for about 8 Years... just moved to Stoddard (which is about the same) it is hard to beat this area... I only wish we had better resturants! :thumbsup:

Madison you can Keep. :thumbsdown:
Richard C
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting