What a visit

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

What a visit

Postby duckdog » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:52 am

Hey everyone just wanted to say how great I thought Wisconson is! Me and my family just returned from vacation there. Went to wisconson dells area, and had a great time. Enjoyed going through the whole entire state. We are from NW Iowa and it is nice to go somewhere and se some timber, for all we have is mile upon mile of corn, and beans, and sloughs. Don't get me wrong I would,nt trade it for anything, but we are going to make a week long trip to Wisconson an every year event. Only thing I did'nt get to do was visit Camp Randall in Madison, Have always been a huge BADGER fan, maybe next year!
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:03 am

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Did you pick up your garbage on your way out? :toofunny: Just kidding, but that happens to be one of our ongoing jokes for the Illinoise Flatlanders that frequent this state as well! You need to go rent a cabin near Hayward next time. Don't get me wrong, the Dells are O.K., but you really need to see the North woods to actually appreciate this wonderful state. Check out Moose Lake. Very few cabins, and smack dab in the middle of a State Forest. Deer and bear everywhere, and absolutely gorgeous! You could probably rent a cabin for less than 100 dollars a night, with a fishing boat, on the lake.

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckdog » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:06 pm

Where could I get some info on this place??? Sounds pertty nice! I tried to throw some garbage out the window about every five miles or so. :toofunny: . How is the bear hunting there, did'nt see any where we were at, don't know if there that far south or not.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:44 am

They've been seeing Bear as far south as Blackriver Falls, and a sighting or two a bit south of that, but typically farther north. If you want some information on tourism in the area I was referring to, I'd try searching Sawyer County tourism, and see what you get. Alot of lakes in that area, and alot of respectable cabins to visit. I'm not sure exactly where the cabins were for rent on Moose Lake, but my sister and her family stayed there once when they visited from Indiana, and loved it. We have a cottage on Lake Winter, so I perticularly like the area. Very quiet, and layed back. Good luck!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowler » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:56 am

The family and I atre heading to the Hayward area come Labor Day week. Rented a private cabin on Chetac Lake. Used to fish Balsam Lake in Polk county all the time, but the gentleman that owned the cabin sold it because of his age. Looking to hit a lake called Teal and there is another lake connected to it in NE Sawyer county also. Hopefully the heat will have subsided and the fish will be starting to put on the feedbag :getdown:
*****Take a kid hunting, They will remember for life******
waterfowler
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting