Cheese Eater Offseason

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Cheese Eater Offseason

Postby NickCies80 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:57 pm

Well Cheese Heads how has the off season been treating you all. Been trying to keep from going crazy by working on some dekes and trying to get rid of some of my older decoys. I flocked the butts on all my fullbody goose dekes and repainted some of the check patches on them. I also bought some of those motion stakes for my shells and drilled holes for those. Might try to do some scouting soon for some spots on the Bay of Green Bay. I think I may also go to Collins Marsh and see what the deal is down there. Later Folks.
NICK
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:56 am

I've been fishing, but seriously need to kill something! There's too much of a transition from Spring Turkey season to early goose or archery! Of course I'm really looking forward to some cool weather, and hitting the water after some ducks. I just wish our season would take a two to three week layover through the October lull. Would love to get into all the divers that only come down here when the all the lakes are frozen. Besides, if they closed the season for a couple of weeks, I'm sure I could find time to hit the woods after the Whitetails. :salude:

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NickCies80 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:15 pm

I am about bald now from all the hair pulling that is going on. I took a ride yesterday by our hunting spots to see what was planted in the fields. Look promising...some beans and corn and one hay field. The big pond near there has some geese on it already so that is good. They are always some there but I could not tell how many. Usually holds a couple hundred locals....about a thousand when the migarator get moving. I am with you on the weather thing. It has been to warm the past few years. The most ducks I saw fly last year was the weekend after duck closed. Well I need to go and find a hat to cover my bald head...I know there is a DU one in the closet waiting to get used.
NICK
NickCies80
State Moderator

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting