Lake Koshkonong Mud Lake Duck hunting

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Lake Koshkonong Mud Lake Duck hunting

Postby Rhock19 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I went out to the Mud lake that is connected to Lake Koshkonong the other day just looking for some duck hunting spots. I have read somewhere online that most people hate it out there since the hunt club on the lake acts like they own mud lake. Has anybody ever had any problems out there? I saw plenty of woodies and mallards while looking around and seems like a fun place to hunt. Any input would be great! thanks
Rhock19
hunter

Re: Lake Koshkonong Mud Lake Duck hunting

Postby jptheman25 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 am

Don't want to get into an arguement here and I am not positive on this, but I believe it is owned by the hunt club. I have actually seen it listed for sale.
HR Candlewood's Triple Deke Rosen - Puck

Badger State HRC Member
jptheman25
hunter

Postby iandisorder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Honestly I would find a different place to go. I hunted on the public land on the east side across from Blackhawk Island and it's like WWIII out there. I wouldn't go back out there at least until late season. Just my $.02.
iandisorder
hunter

Postby The Shovla » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:43 pm

iandisorder wrote:Honestly I would find a different place to go. I hunted on the public land on the east side across from Blackhawk Island and it's like WWIII out there. I wouldn't go back out there at least until late season. Just my $.02.

x2 :thumbsup: RUN!! RUN FAR AWAY!!!
The Shovla
hunter

Postby Tsquare86 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Last year I early season goose hunted the river connecting the two bodies of water. Did not have any problems with the hunt club, but they promptly put up some serious Signage (no tresspass) EVERYWHERE after they noticed me hunting there.

I agree with you after scouting it, I will be there at somepoint, just not sure when I will get in.

I have heard some big issues with one of the land owners on the north side of the lake claiming the entire bay to be his. He harassed some people into leaving last year on the opener...

Since all of this occurred, I programmed the Jefferson Cty sheriff number into my phone as a speed dial. If at anytime you have a landowner harassing you, first verify you're legal, then call the sheriff and make a point to record what the harasser is saying to you. I refuse to back down anymore on these issues...
Tsquare86
hunter

Postby The Shovla » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:26 pm

absolutely! A warden will have no problem ticketing a person harrassing a hunter. Some people think they own the whole lake
The Shovla
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting