Teal

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Re: Teal

Postby Richie27 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:37 pm

I hear ya...I think I was half in the bag when I posted that.
Richie27
hunter

Postby webfettish » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm

i wouldnt say the ducks are more dumb when they are new to the area. They just dont know where they should go which makes it easier for them to respond to decoys, but theyve been shot at a lot, sometimes i will watch mallards work fields with no hunters in it for hours when in the tree stand deer hunting and they never land. they just circle forever then leave. They are definately more weary.
webfettish
hunter

Location: Horicon, Oakfield, Eldorado, Green Bay, Winnebago (Water in WI)

Postby Richie27 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:24 am

My experience with new birds is that they are desperately looking for friends and want to do a meet and greet. Hell, when we're in the fields they'll damn near land on the mojos.
Richie27
hunter

Postby therewillbeblood » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 am

i was out dog training yesterday and saw a flock of about 75 blue wing teal. no doubt they will migrate before opener................your welcome southern states
duck hunting > everything
therewillbeblood
hunter

Postby DukDukGoose » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah, with almost no water around here, why would a duck want to stay? While the ducks will be concentrated this year, i fear for an iffy season... Lucky southern states. I wanna shoot some baby teal!
DukDukGoose
hunter

Postby jmitch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

DukDukGoose wrote:Yeah, with almost no water around here, why would a duck want to stay? While the ducks will be concentrated this year, i fear for an iffy season... Lucky southern states. I wanna shoot some baby teal!

There will be ducks to be had but I too fear it won't be as easy as some of the last few years. Depending on the rainfall and how much food is left we may not have that many migrators stick around very long this year. But all we can do is hope for a good year I guess
jmitch
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Was out scouting this morning, couple fields around the Fox and only saw at tops 4 doz. ducks after 4 hours of scouting and 20 geese...looks like im hunting the big water for divers this year :sad:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby DukDukGoose » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 am

Not to mention the horrible corn crops in my neck of the woods. The geese will be concentrated, but i doubt they will stick around for long. Looking for greener pastures!
DukDukGoose
hunter

Previous

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting