Scouting

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Scouting

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Found a couple nice places today, put alot of miles on the new boats with the dog and a friend. Found one nice flooded timber spot and another nice hole that had about 4 dozen geese in it :grooving: Also kicked up a flock of about 10 woodies marching around the river. How's everyone elses scouting going?
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Re: Scouting

Postby Richie27 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Things are going pretty good but there is still a lot to do. Talked to a farmer today and he said the geese have been in the field so hopefully they'll hang around and will be willing to play on the 1st.
Richie27
hunter

Postby abmcp13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 am

Found some spots to hunt on the early goose opener, and found a bunch of fields for regular season too. I still need to head down to the Mississippi and starting building driftwood blinds along the shore for cover, can't wait for the season to get here!
Go afield with a good attitude, Walk with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear
abmcp13
hunter

Postby jmitch » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Went out for a while last weekend and most of the spots I had shot wood ducks in last year are pretty much dry. Did manage to find a good looking pond in the woods. Had I'd guess around 50-75 teal and woodies on it :yes: . Still got lots of stuff I wanna look at yet. Me and the ole lady are going to take the boat for a ride down the river on sunday and there are still a couple little sloughs that I wanna paddle my skiff into before opener. All in all I'd say its looking better than I thought it would for how little rain we got this year.
jmitch
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting