Hogs and other critters

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Hogs and other critters

Postby koonce727 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:13 am

Been seeing a lot of critters that I usually dont see around my neck of the woods.

Fella a work with brought in some trail camera pictures of two large boars, just outside of Victory. They def were not you run of the mill farm hogs.

I have some property out near Melrose, WI. Have a bunch of badger that have moved in. Lost 20 farm cats last year, couldnt figure out what was eating them, set up a trail camera to find a few Bobcats, hunting my mousers. Also been getting a bunch of black bear pictures, and just happened to stubble acrosse a den smack dab in the middle of my property. And lastly, saw my first wolf off the deck of the cabin. Big sob skirting the end of the field my cabin is in.

I cant be the only one seeing some of this? What have yall been seeing? Anyone else spot any hogs
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Re: Hogs and other critters

Postby DukDukGoose » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 am

No hogs, but definitely alot more reports of black bears and wolfs in my area! We even had a cougar running around, attacking peoples horses.
DukDukGoose
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am

Have a big female black bear with 2 cubs on the property. Tracks of a wolf but haven't seen it yet, and also a cougar by our lake. That's in Medford, WI

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Up in Bayfield Co we see wolf, coyote, bobcat, bear, fisher, and feral indians.

Have been cougar sightings and I found a cougar killed deer a couple years ago.

And about 40% of the deer we saw ten years ago.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby jmitch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 am

I deer hunt and spend a lot of time in Onieda and Price countys and the deer are way down in the national forest where I hunt. Lots of wolves around and even more Bears. I see a bobcat about once or twice a year too and I've haven't seen one but every once and awhile you here about cougars in the area. The predators are not hurting up that way thats for sure.
jmitch
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 am

Bill Herian wrote:Up in Bayfield Co we see wolf, coyote, bobcat, bear, fisher, and feral indians.

Have been cougar sightings and I found a cougar killed deer a couple years ago.

And about 40% of the deer we saw ten years ago.

Saw my first fischer a few years back when trapping with my Uncle in the Eau Claire area.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting