Early goose season

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Early goose season

Postby FrmUSMCducker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 pm

tons of geese around and really looking forward to putting some sausage on the ground! seems a little warm to get excited for hunting season but it is here already.

ps anyone know how many other states do this registration for geese. I have never seen the DNR do anything with this but give people tickets. michigan usually does what we do for regs and they won't touch that with a stick.
FrmUSMCducker
hunter

Re: Early goose season

Postby Richie27 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 am

I've lived in Ga, Ok, Ak, Il, and now here but I've never had to call in and register geese. In Alaska, you simply feel out a survey of how many geese, ducks, cranes...etc were harvested during the season.
Richie27
hunter

Re: Early goose season

Postby FrmUSMCducker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

I guess I would not find it all that strange if the DNR would come out with the information and say due to the increased size of the local population we are going to increace the daily bag limit for the early season. or at the very least make a survey at the end of the season manditory to get the info. just seems a little over the top. I understand deer registration and even turkey to an extent but geese???
FrmUSMCducker
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting