Early goose location legal

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Early goose location legal

Postby loon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:04 pm

I just like an opinion from you guys if this sounds right to you. There is a small 30 square-foot gravel bar in Green Bay that is 115 yards or 345 feet from the nearest home according to my laser rangefinder. Depending on the day the wind direction and seiche this gravel bar can be exposed or under a foot of water. For the past two weeks there have been about 60 geese resting on this gravel bar whenever it's exposed. According to my understanding of the regulations I am more than 300 feet from a home so I don't need the owners permission. And because I'm hunting from land I could use my layout blind. My plan was to be there September 1 with the gravel bar covered with sleeper shells and a dozen floaters bobbing in the water nearby. Of course I would not shoot in the direction of the homes and if it goes like I think it will I would be done in a matter of minutes. Any opinions? I'm not holding any of you responsible but I might need bail
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Re: Early goose location legal

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

I wouldn't use that many dekes imo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm

As long as you are 100 yards from an occupied building(home, office, etc.) and out of the city limits you are legal. :thumbsup:
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Its ok, :yes: years ago we hunted the sand bars on the Bay and two of us just layed on the sand bar with a tarp that matched the sand. Very high chance to get some bling out there, Hope the wind is right for you that day.
War Wagon
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting