AKC Black Lab Pups

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

AKC Black Lab Pups

Postby WATERFOWLER1973 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Posting this to help out a friend. AKC Black Lab pups born on April 25th. Litter was 6 females (1 yellow and 5 black) and 1 black male. 3 black females and 1 black male still available. I got the second black female and she is coming along great. I had a very hard time deciding between 2 females that were very bold and energetic - if I wasn’t married, both of them would have come home with me. The other two females were just a little more laid back. The male is definitely bold and is going to be a big, blocky guy – would have taken him except I already have a male and wanted a female. All of the pups retrieved for me – you will not be disappointed. Located in Janesville, WI. Price is only $300. For more info on parents, guarantees, etc., please call Becky at 608-563-4466. Thanks
WATERFOWLER1973
hunter

Postby bubba1 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:39 pm

Not to be rude, but are you sure you got the phone number right? I think the area code should be 920. 563 is for Fort Atkinson area, which I am pretty sure is only in the 920 area code. Not trying to be a wise ***, just trying to help.
There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatos and gravy.
bubba1
hunter

Postby WATERFOWLER1973 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:29 pm

http://www.thedirectory.org/pref/

try this link - it is pretty handy when people post there number, but no location, and you want to find out where they are before you bother calling.

But, yes, I am certain that is the number. Thanks for the help though.

BTW, if you really want to help, how about inviting me up to Green Bay for a duck or goose hunt. If you want to make the trip, I could have you down here in Illinois (Gurnee area) for a great goose hunt :salude:
WATERFOWLER1973
hunter

Postby bubba1 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:14 am

Pick your weekend. As long as your careful with a gun, your dog behaves and your all around a good $hit, your welcome anytime. We have an early goose season sometime in Sept. basicly to reduce the number of local birds that don't migrate, last year I limited out and was having breakfast by 8:30.

Divers late season on the bay gives me the most action. Once our season dates come out, shot me a line.
bubba1
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:32 am

Bubba,

Well if that's all it takes to get out and hunt divers, Then here goes the Begging! LOL!

Yes the area code is 608, and Fort is only a few miles away, but they do have a different area code.

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bubba1 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:11 am

Pete, your welcome anytime. However, if I get another canvas back this year, you have to mount it for me.

Bubba
bubba1
hunter

Postby WATERFOWLER1973 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:06 pm

Thanks Bubba - hunting the Bay for divers would be awesome. I get a few on the chain of lakes, but it is tough because it gets so crowded. I usually hunt a local farmers pond and fields, and was surprised when I actually shot two Buffle Heads on it last year. Otherwise, it mostly mallards and teal with a few woodies and mergansers every now and then.

Geese are constantly flying by since his farm is by two or three big lakes that they roost on. We can usually call in a couple everytime we are out there. But when the geese choose the nearby fields to eat in, it is awesome hunting. That is when you really get the bigger flocks decoying in real well. One day we were hunting in one field and had the geese landing in another nearby. Something spooked them all up and there were literally thousands of them swarming us - they looked like blackbirds and you couldn't hear the guy 5 yards from you. We had five guys out and within 5 minutes we had 10 geese on the ground :hammering: Took a lot of restraint not to take a third when they are flying away at 20 yards :help:

I am always looking for neighbors up north to exchange some hunts with. I can even put you up at my place for a night or two since you are kind of far - with one stipulation - you keep your guns in the truck and I keep mine in the house :toofunny: If there are geese around, the early season hunt in September can be a lot of fun cause the limit is 5 and he has a lot of dove in his fields too - can't wait.

Pete - Not sure where you hunt, but I always like trying out different spots if you would be interested in exchanging a hunt.
WATERFOWLER1973
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:17 pm

Bubba, You bet! :salude: Divers are my passion, and I think I can help you out on that mount. Maybe I can show you a one on one course on the finer points of bird taxidermy? If you have the specimen and a day to kill, we can get you from start to finish. Then you'll never need to hire someone again. Man taxidermists hate me. :laughing:

Waterfowler, I hunt near Janesville. I've made so many promises to date that I'm not sure I can accomplish so many hunts in such a short season. If you want to get up here and shoot some geese, because besides Mallards and Woodies, that's about all we shoot, then look me up when the late season arrives. Bubba, that goes for you as well, but with the limit of only 2 birds, it seems to be a long ride to shoot some local geese. But we have plenty. I think we should make a date and get everybody who can make it and make a day of it! My buddy and I would probably host the hunt, but we only have 4 layouts, so if you have one of your own, that would help.

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bubba1 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Pete, pick the day, I have two layout blinds, a few homemade shiolltees (misspelled). Do you have an early season down there. Brown county has an early season, think the limit is five.

Let me know.
bubba1
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:40 am

Early season? Yes. The only problem is there is alot of corn also. If We can find a picked sweet corn field, then no problem. We do alot better late season here. We hunt the fields between the water and food source, and score pretty big. We have about 3500 to 5000 locals that winter here. It's pretty easy hunting, and alot of banded geese. We'll pick a day and get a few of the DHC people up here and put a hurt on these locals.

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting