Duck hunting in Lacrosse

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Duck hunting in Lacrosse

Postby Ducks&bucks14 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 am

Hey guys as everyone else I do not want anyones secret spots! I am a college kid at UWL and I love to try to shoot some ducks. But I do have some questions I was looking at renting a canoe and would like to hunt down by Stoddard for opening day. I was looking at refuges and the map showed that all of the islands are part of the refuge. Or are there only certain islands that are on that list. I guess I am just not looking at getting a ticket guys. I would even rather walk cause I do not have to spend any money on renting a boat. I guess I would take any advice or pms or anything please to get me pointed in the right direction.
Ducks&bucks14
hunter

Re: Duck hunting in Lacrosse

Postby koonce727 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Welcome to the zoo. Feel free to pm me any questions.

You need to reference the key. The answers to ur questions are right there. All the public land is the upper Mississippi wildlife refuge. Dont let that word refuge confuse you. Now inside the refuge there are refuges that will be listed as no huntning or avoidance areas.

Read those maps thoroughly and you'll see where u can and can't go.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Duck hunting in Lacrosse

Postby Podcast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm

koonce727 wrote:Welcome to the zoo.

Lol! More damn monkeys here holdin shotguns than actual hunters knowin their $h!t.
Stage 2 GTR rippin up a 1746 custom Mike Kliebert
Podcast
hunter

Postby Ducks&bucks14 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 am

So I have been told I personally enjoy going in the middle of the day and doing some walking when people pack up and go home. I can get a little more sleep as well. I enjoy just being out.
Ducks&bucks14
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 pm

It's packed everyday of the week. Tons of ppl sit all day long, heck half slept over nite just to get a spot they wanted. You can't get away....some d bags set out glow sticks to try and save spots to look like boats or a takin area. The no decoys and sky busting has already begun.
koonce727
hunter

Duck hunting in Lacrosse

Postby Podcast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

^^ sounds like we're gonna have a good time yet again findin places ta go when I get there. It gets ta the point where ya wanna Justgo hunt ducks in the public park cause there less tards.
Stage 2 GTR rippin up a 1746 custom Mike Kliebert
Podcast
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

^^ gimme a hollar.

and pm the OP, i feel bad for ya today.
koonce727
hunter

Postby benson222 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Hey duck&buck14, I also go to UWL and am looking for people/places to go hunting. Wanted to last year but was lost on where to go too and didn't feel like renting a canoe from the rec all the time. If you want we should get together and go hunting. I'm going home this next weekend and bringing my stuff back. Let me know.
benson222
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting