Hunting Near Ripon

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Hunting Near Ripon

Postby DellsDucks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Hey anyone know any decent spots near Ripon?
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Re: Hunting Near Ripon

Postby wigginsk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Just saw your dells post and how you only get home on weekends...Are you a Ripon College student?
wigginsk
hunter

Postby Wi Browndog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Grab a canoe and paddle out into Rush Lake. I'm not sure if some areas are walkable or not. It's only a few miles NE of Ripon. The Eldorado Marsh is east towards Fond du Lac. The DNR web site has some links to maps .
"Every day is a good day - some are just better than others"
Wi Browndog
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Yes i am a ripon college student and a football player on top of that so i don't get very much time off and when i do i love to spend it duck hunting so if i can find some spots it would be greatly appreciated that way i can spend a lot of time hunting on my free time! :thumbsup:
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm a Ripon student too, I usually head home to hunt on weekends, haven't gone around here at all. I've head good things about Rush lake and Eldorado marsh as well, and both are pretty close. I have pretty decent areas back home so i haven't really put time in out here, but it shouldn't be hard to find a few spots if you check out the dnr's maps and just drive around. I've seen a lot of birds in the air in the evenings as you head towards pickett just outside of town shouldn't be hard to follow them and see where theyre coming from/heading to if you have a car. Good luck!
wigginsk
hunter

Postby jarod1076 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm

DellsDucks wrote:Hey anyone know any decent spots near Ripon?

Rush is one of my main places to hunt. I plan on making a few trips over there from Nov 26 to close as long as it doesn't freeze. My hunting partner passed away this spring so I have an open spot in the boat. PM me if you are interested

Jarod
jarod1076
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting