Hunting etiquette

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Re: Hunting etiquette

Postby kris brantner » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Destroying a blind is considered hunter harassment. If u see him again try to get a recording

of him saying he took it down and call his ass in
kris brantner
hunter

Postby alabcalledMaverick » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Feathers wrote:Personally I think permanent blinds cause more trouble than they are worth and we would have less conflicts from yahoos like this guy if we just outlawed them.

Permanent blinds don't ruin hunts, people ruin hunts.
alabcalledMaverick
hunter

Postby send the dog » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm

For all of you who believe that you have some sort of right to a public hunting spot, I have news for ya, you don't! I hunt everyday of the season and in a few different states, and on more than one occasion I have come accross the "this is my spot" mentallity. If they are decent, we hunt together. If they are not, I explain to them that i will sky-bust on every single bird within a quarter mile if they set up. If you think i'm bluffin, ask the guys that never shot a bird and i went through 2.5 boxes of shells shooting holes in the sky. Public is public. Ice shanties??? Really? Do you shoot fish?
send the dog
hunter

Postby SNOTS » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm

I usually just go to the ramp about 9 am the day before I plan to hunt and listen for gun shots. This guy up by Pepin seems to scout well so I just have listen for his gunshots and then to beat him to the ramp the next day.
SNOTS
hunter

Postby jhook » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 am

Where I hunt I never see anyone... period. But I personally woudl not scab in on someones blind if i could help it. If I did set up close, I would probably move if they showed up. To each his own, but sometime just because you can do something does not make it the classy thing to do.

I realize it is probably more of a dog eat dog world where some of you hunt, but I'd still sow some class. Just my 2 cents.
jhook
hunter

Postby send the dog » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 am

Class is a 2 way street in my world. Like I said, If they are decent, we hunt together. If they are not, then i take it as a great teaching moment to show them that they are a bunch of clowns. I do not seek out other peoples spots, however, I do go where the birds are, and if that happens to be next to someone's blind and I am the first one there, so be it.
send the dog
hunter

Previous

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting