Cold Front New Bird Reports

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Cold Front New Bird Reports

Postby take'em! » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Just thought i would start a spot for people to put up some migration reports with this cold front coming through tonight. I will be headed out on Tuesday morning as long as the boss lets me have the morning off work. Report your county and how much bird movement you saw. Good luck guys! seems like a lot of guys are headed out in the morning.
take'em!
hunter

Re: Cold Front New Bird Reports

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 am

we shot 6 by 7:15am. killed a nice drake wood duck out on the open water hunting divers :biggrin:

seen alot more ducks today then I have so I would say a few are in, but still not enough numbers to brag about. poor shooting and long line anchor coming off, and boat anchor messing up caused some difficulties. Landed 4 buffies in the dekes and we didnt shoot because we were messing with the anchor. then a long line achor came off and floated with the mojo 70 yards out and had a nice group of 5 buffies land among them and we shot and got 1. they ran me to the bank to get truck and i went to work at 7:15 they stayed and hunted.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:55 am

hunted on the mississippi by grant county, the birds were all over the place, got to the launch yesterday at 12:30 ad sat until 3:30 when I called it a day in the rain and wind. Unfortunately thats when the birds started committing. Had Birds cupped as I was standing in the decoys, then they would flare off at about 50 yards once they realized i was there. Wish I wouldn't have been out there alone, I would have stayed longer. But with the wind picking up and the rain falling harder I didn't want to be out on the big river by myself after dark. Headed out this afternoon hoping for the best!

Also no mojos in the spread, but jerk string instead... With about 50 decoys along with the jerk string it worked Like a charm!!
schumacherm
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am

Hunting around the dells area we are just starting to get a glimpse of new birds. Was out yesterday had a pair come right into the decoys and a flock of 10-15 right after. They are starting to make their way down finally. Thursday can't come soon enough!
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Snowing to beat the band from Mellen to Prentice on the drive home today.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby take'em! » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 am

Well i tried to get out but the marsh i went to had about 1/2 inch of ice on it and i only made it about 10 feet. Decided to scout for the morning instead. Saw a few mallards and geese on the rivers but most were inside city limits. Maybe with a good push of some northern mallards the rivers will fill up. Good luck guys.
take'em!
hunter

Postby DukDukGoose » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Broke 1/2" of ice on the way to the blind today, cleared out a hole and saw 4 mallards all morning. All 4 of em worked the decoys wonderfully though! Still not many birds around
DukDukGoose
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting