Awesome Day with Coastal WI Outfitters

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Awesome Day with Coastal WI Outfitters

Postby Skoug » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:03 pm

My hunt with Ryan Finally happened yesterday. I have had very spotty success with guided hunts in the past and Ryan defiantly broke the streak. The day started out slow due in no part to Ryan, didn't have any wind and the birds where seeing the boat and flaring off. We where considering a move when what seemed like a 1mph wind picked up which peeked Ryans spidy-sence and he decided to stay put a while longer. that defiantly turned out to be the right decision within the next half hour the wind picked up to a steady 5-10 and put a nice chop on the water and the birds started to commit much better. After all was said and done we went home with our three man limit of beautiful golden-eyes and Blue bills, and a mergy that didnt actually happen right ryan :thumbsup:

I cant thank Ryan enough for the great hunt that he showed us.

Skoug
hunter

Re: Awesome Day with Coastal WI Outfitters

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Lucky bugger

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby eagle eye » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:30 am

Great hunt! Nothing better than having the birds flying on an open water hunt! Where where you? I may be mistaken, but in the picture I counted 18 birds. If my count was right, and one of those was a merg, technically you were one duck short of a 3 man limit. Mergs have their own limit (5 daily) and don't count toward the 6 duck limit. Have a great thanksgiving and safe hunting!
eagle eye
Newb

Postby Skoug » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm

The merg didnt make the picture... to ugly
Skoug
hunter

Postby jimmyscott » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Ryan is great! I was booked for a hunt this year, and I had to cancel. I wish I could have made it happen! There's always next year. Nice birds!
jimmyscott
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting