WI Ice Reports

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

WI Ice Reports

Postby marktank » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm

With the colder temps just seeing what everyone observes as far as waters icing up. WI river backwaters froze around central WI. not much activity.
marktank
hunter

Re: WI Ice Reports

Postby ducks385 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

1 cm
If it flies it dies,If it hops it drops
ducks385
hunter

Postby Teal_Blaster » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 am

2+ inches on most lakes in the fox cities. Going to slam some bluegills tomorrow :thumbsup:
Teal_Blaster
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

Teal_Blaster wrote:2+ inches on most lakes in the fox cities. Going to slam some bluegills tomorrow :thumbsup:

Be. Careful.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Teal_Blaster » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Always. I bring a piece of wood to distribute my weight over a larger area. Plus I am going on a channel off the lake... that pry has 3 inches I am assuming.
Teal_Blaster
hunter

Postby GunDawg420 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

My hunting buddies and I are thinking about heading to the Mississipi River near Bagley and Wyalusing State Park area this weekend....Just wondering if anyone knows how the backwaters look in that area, are they frozen over already? Any birds in the area? I live in Madison and I would be really pissed if we hauled the boat n gear 2 hours west just to find out all the backwaters are frozen over and the birds are gone. All and any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

:help: :help: :help:
If you're too busy to go duck hunting, then you're too busy!
GunDawg420
hunter

Postby gunrunnerusmc03 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

GunDawg420 wrote:My hunting buddies and I are thinking about heading to the Mississipi River near Bagley and Wyalusing State Park area this weekend....Just wondering if anyone knows how the backwaters look in that area, are they frozen over already? Any birds in the area? I live in Madison and I would be really pissed if we hauled the boat n gear 2 hours west just to find out all the backwaters are frozen over and the birds are gone. All and any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

:help: :help: :help:

With rising temps and 50's by this weekend, if there's any ice left, it won't be very thick so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
gunrunnerusmc03
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting