Recommend me a goose guide

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Recommend me a goose guide

Postby john51513 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Hello,
I am looking to get after some geese before the season ends. I have duck hunted, but never goose. I see that Ducks R Down is still taking appointments for geese. Are there any others? I am in the milwaukee area if that helps!
john51513
hunter

Re: Recommend me a goose guide

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 am

you could try wolf pack adventures i believe they are out of sheboygan. I know they used to do goose hunts in the past. Here is his email address wolfpackadventures@tds.net. the guy that runs it is named Pat
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Postby SNOTS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Jason and Pat both do a very good job for their clients. you would not be disappointed by either.

Jason mostly hunts around Horicon and SE WI, Pat is farther north in Sheboygan County.
SNOTS
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

Pay to shoot geese? Remember u can only shoot 2 in WI so u would think the price would be lower than duck hunting.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby wigginsk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Being from Plymouth, I would say Sheboygan county would be a good place to get the first time experience of goose hunting, but I would suggest trying to find someone with gear and offer to find a field and get permission to hunt it and have them join you. I have no idea what the cost of a guide hunt would be for geese, but it is always an option if you really need it to be guaranteed. I would try other options for geese first though. Good luck, and I wish I had a guide suggestion for you. I graduate from school on Thursday and will be home looking for geese, if I can locate a few (will also be wrapping up the job hunt) I can let you know and you're more than welcome to come give it a shot up here. Not sure how far of a drive it would be for you, just saw someone mentioned Sheboygan county earlier.
wigginsk
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting