Teal Hunting in Zones A and B

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Teal Hunting in Zones A and B

Postby tstueck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I want to know if you can hunt teal in zones a and/or b in Wisconsin and if so, what's the bag limit. Thanks
tstueck
hunter

Re: Teal Hunting in Zones A and B

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 pm

We have an A and B zone? I can't say I entirely understand what you are asking but teal are legal to hunt as long as you shoot them during duck season. The daily bag limit is six ducks and all six can be teal if you so choose.
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 am

Yeah teal are legal in both zones all season long bag limit is 6. There has been talk of possibly having an early teal season but havent heard anything for sure on it yet.
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:23 am

piss on early teal, give me a late mallard season................
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby Whackndstack6 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:21 pm

koonce727 wrote:piss on early teal, give me a late mallard season................

Agreed! Think about it those guys who do get early teal season start in september. Northern zone and Missisippi zone start late september most of the teal are still around with alot of woodies as well. This year shot plenty of teal well into November for some odd reason. What we missed out on was the late push. The last week through the weekend we smoked some late season mallards, gaddys, spoonies, and pintails. But we only hit them for 3 days or so and the season ended. They are still around. Id opt for a longer split because there is always a lack of birds/smart local birds in mid-late october anyways.
Whackndstack6
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:43 pm

You got that S..T right, give me a longer duck season. That Sept hunt sucks. I'm seeing more big RED LEGGERS right now. They are FULL COLOR...Again thank you Wis D.N.R. :mad:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby DKMF » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 pm

September hunting sucks. Longer split would be great. Breaking Ice freezing your butt off shooting fat late season mallards and honkers is what it's all about!
DKMF
hunter

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 am

Dont get me wrong id love a longer season or a later season..just saying thats what ive heard. We might get a lake michigan season which would keep duck hunting on or along lake michigan open later.
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting