Moving to Milwaukee

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Moving to Milwaukee

Postby MNtransplant » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Like the name says I'm originally from Minnesota, but have lived in Oregon the last three years. I'm just looking for some general information about duck hunting in the area, not anyone's honey hole. I have a dog, ATV, Polaris Ranger, but no boat. Is a boat something that will be required? My plan is to build a pod off plans from this site in the off-season. Looking to hook up with guys to shoot some trap and build a group to duck hunt with. My grandparents own a daiiry in LaCrosse and I've been working to develop it into a big buck management area the last couple years, so that could be a perk for some hunting buddies. Looking forward to the move on February and chasing ducks next year.
MNtransplant
hunter

Re: Moving to Milwaukee

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 am

Do you renounce the vikings?

And all their empty works?

And all their empty promises?
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Where abouts are you moving too?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby MNtransplant » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Have never been a fan of the Vikings, but I'm afraid my answer may be worse t o a Packet fan. Bears fan here and that's the way it's gonna be...ha ha. We're looking at places around Menomonee Falls and Brown Deer.
MNtransplant
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 am

Sorry to here you like the Bears, How's that going for ya ? Did you ride the short bus too ? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Richie27 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Duck hunting can be good later in the season but in Southern Wisconsin, you're in goose country. To answer the boat question, I guess it all depends on what you're looking to do. I tend to follow the 80 / 20 rule so I'm strictly setup to hunt fields. I do like hunting birds over water so I might do that a couple times a year but there are definitely ducks to be had in the area you just have to do some extra work to get on them. The good thing about the area you're looking to move is that you'll have the opportunity to hunt Lake Michigan for sea ducks and lots of other divers.
Richie27
hunter

Postby Deuce22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Moving to the same area in June. I have a college buddy who is from the area that I started ducks & geese with (not very successfully) and would be willing to team up next season. We always used his familys small boat or canoe and his dads decoys. I''d be willing to bet I'll be doing the same until I build a setup of my own. I've got a DD pup and am looking forward to getting her some experience on WI ducks & geese next year.
Deuce22
hunter

Postby MNtransplant » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 pm

So we did end up moving to the MKE area. We live in Menomonee Falls. I have been talking with a bunch of people who duck hunt, but am looking for a couple guys who want to get a group going, do some scouting, and let some steel fly. If your interested in getting out and doing some scouting in the area let me know. Take care...it's getting close.
MNtransplant
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 am

wheats starting to come down. definately gets me thinking about early season.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby skelso98 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

I'll be in the Kenosha area at least once during duck season and hope to find a guide in the area to hunt with. I'll pass you dates & cost info once I find one if you are interested.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD
skelso98
hunter

Postby Makinitrain » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:48 am

Just moved down to the menomonee falls area and looking for a group of guys that would mind getting after some honkers, pm me if you want to try to get a group going!
Team 1038
2012- 2013
Bands: 3
WI:
ducks: 147
Geese: 78
Makinitrain
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting