sconny recap

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

sconny recap

Postby koonce727 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:43 am

We had one of our worst seasons in the past five years this season. Hot temps, stale birds made for tough hunting. Got to meet some new guys and got to hunt with some as well.

Started out youth opener. My brother and I usually take a couple kids, but this year they were to old. Fella I work with knew of a couple youngster whose dad had to work this year, we offered to take them. To say they had a blast was an understatment. They had hunted before but usually brought no ducks home, today was there first ever limit of ducks. They were big cheesin all morning.

Went after some Cans. Usual dont target them but had an itch. Brother shot a nice drake, mine was dusty. Got to watch the better part of 5,000 cans, wigeon, gaddies and goldies land about 80 yards away. Was a heck of a site.

Had some buddies come to visit and they wanted to deek it up
Bottom

Slow morning with no wind, afternoon and evening were decent for us

Finished the season on a poor hunt, tons of fog and a story to tell.
ole blu and Rig on the last day of duck season

Heres some randoms from the season
Got into some nice Pinners, they usually dont have nice sprigs up here
This one took the cake, nicest ive seen shot in sconny.
Rig watching us clean up

Had a real slow day goin for us, look up and we have a group of about 8 mallards working with this "ghost" in the mix. He lacked all iridescents and color pigment. Had a bland black head, speculum and rump. He is at the taxi.

Might be my last goose hunt of the year, snowy and cold.

This may be my favorite shot of the season. The mutt chops himself watchin some birds

Packin er up, sad to see it go
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Re: sconny recap

Postby send the dog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Some good lookin days koonce, nice decoy spreads too. Really like that ghost also. My season wasn't horrible, although with my new career, it was the least amount of duck hunting I've done in 20 years. I ended up with 96 ducks for the season (for my boat) which means 96 retrieves for my 1yr old lab. She went from being a timid little marsh-puppy to a bulldozer in about 2 weeks. love them dogs!!!!
send the dog
hunter

Postby hunter121390 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm

looks like it was some good hunts!
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby DKMF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Who's the stud holding that pinner.
DKMF
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:15 pm

He smells like burlap
Burlap Brothers Guide Service