prairie du sac to la crosse

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

prairie du sac to la crosse

Postby Robert plus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 pm

i recently went for a job interview in prairie du sac at milwaukee valve , was wondering how the duck hunting was in that area ?

right now i live outside chicago but lived in mauston for years prior (which sucks for duck hunting once the locals are gone). I'm looking to relocate back to wisconsin to be closer to my little girl in new lisbon .

i really would like to go to the la crosse area to be by the mississippi but willing to go where the $$ is at as long as its within an hour or so of my little one.

if anyone has any imput or knows a company hiring cnc operator or brake press operator or looking for a new hunting partner . been duck hunting over 20 years have own boat ,decoys dog
Robert plus
hunter

Re: prairie du sac to la crosse

Postby Whackndstack6 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

If you end up in La Crosse, and you ever want to train your dog. PM me im lookin for guys to go train with.
Whackndstack6
hunter

Postby Robert plus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks for the offer of training . My dog is pretty good he just breaks at times when birds drop . Its the excitement for him he also needs to learn to retrieve crippled geese crip ducks he has no problem with .
If I make it to la Crosse would be looking for a hunting partner . My dad usually goes but he's up there in age and doesn't have the drive for it anymore plus his body can't take it .
Robert plus
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 pm

If peaceful hunting is what our looking for then you have come to the wrong place. If you like a few ducks and an areas that has record numbers of hunters you have found your home here at the Zoo.

Hunting is hit or miss around here, you will be hunting some heavily i mean heavy pressured birds. There are mojos lining the banks. Your never the only one out there.

Best of luck, your welcome to hollar at me if your looking to get out. From time to time I have a spot or two open.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby DKMF » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

If you want to hunt the lacrosse area bring some armor. High nbers of hunters brings stupid people. So be prepared to get a 12ga shot directly at you from 70 yards By the incosiderate **** heads who come out 20 mins before shooting light with no boat lights!!!! Piss me off!
DKMF
hunter

Postby Robert plus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am

I know all about coming out 20 minutes before shooting time. It happened to me this past year was in a spot a good 2 hours before shooting time and low and behold this dickhead came out with no lights about 50 yards away right in front of me . I moved my decoys to be considerate of them they weren't at all we got peppered from them . Almost killed myself my dog and girlfriend with thier wild shooting . Was tempted to go there and throw thier guns in the lake . I called the dnr but they said they couldn't do any thing about it . I was brought up in the old ways of duck hunting were you give people space and if someone else got thier before you u go somewhere else . And never never I mean never skybust. HELL shells are too expensive now to do that .
Robert plus
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 pm

I have no problem shooting back, and wont move if I am there first. If I move, all it does is give that tool more mindset that what they are doing is right.

That 10ga in my boat aint for cripples.........
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby DKMF » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Rifled barrel and sabot slugs
DKMF
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting