coming to wisconsin to hunt

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

coming to wisconsin to hunt

Postby JayBadgley » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:04 pm

im thinking of coming to wisconsin to hunt duck and geese, i live in illinois near the southeastern wisconsin border. i looked into bong recreation area. just wondering if its any good. im not asking for anybdies "honey hole" just getting an idea where i should start. i was thinking either kennsosha, dane or dodge counties to hunt in. i also hunt deer and turkey.
thanks for any input i may recieve
Jay Badgley
JayBadgley
hunter

Re: coming to wisconsin to hunt

Postby Justin Weber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Dane county has a lot of pressure.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Any place in Wisconsin has lots of pressure. We have the third highest number of waterfowl hunters in the country.
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Grab some popcorn sconny is a circus. Bird to hunter ratio is very poor for us hunters. Tons of pressure with fewer birds. We don't hold birds like southern states and have hunters to boot. If I were you I would be going south west in your own state. Public hunting around here is a high competition zoo.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 am

atleast at bong u can call and reserve a blind. if your trying to get fields for goose hunting then good luck to ya. your inbetween chicago and milwaukee which makes it that much worse. If your looking to get after some ducks or geese on the water then expect heavy pressure almost all season long.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Goose Doctors » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 am

Like everyone else said... I try not to touch any public hunting grounds, made the mistake of going to a public spot on opening day that I had scouted the last week, there were people everywhere, didn't even take a shot cus id be peppering other guys. But that's how ive found all the public places to be around south easter wisco. I wouldn't hunt bong, it gets so much pressure. just my opinion
Goose Doctors
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting