Where to water train around MKE

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Where to water train around MKE

Postby quack-quack » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 am

Hey guys, I cant find any place where I can water train around MKE! Im a little nw of Milwaukee but are there any good places I am legally allowed to go train her? I heard of some places by west bend but cant find them online.
Or anyone know anyone with land that happens to have a pond?
Thanks a lot

Are there any training groups around MKE? Horicon and Bong seems to be the closest options.. but id prefer to not travel an hour..
quack-quack
hunter

Re: Where to water train around MKE

Postby red water dog » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Wisconsin Amateur Field Trial Club. best water around. check out there web site.
HRCH UH Platte river march madness "macy"
HR good enough for "jazz"
red water dog
hunter

Postby quack-quack » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks for the help, that is a little pricey for me.. looks like a real nice facility though!

I was hoping to find some local pond I can run off-leash, local park or just someone's private land I can use a little. My dog is just recovering from two ACL surgeries and im trying to get her back in slowly so driving an hour to only run for 30min isnt realistic right now.

Any more help would be great tho.
quack-quack
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 am

There's a couple places around Waukesha we take our dogs, if you want specifics shoot me a PM

Sent while sitting at work!
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby Podcast » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 am

If ya ever wanna train I'm in Plymouth and know of some places as well.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter

Postby quack-quack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 pm

How is the Long Lake Recreation area? Still farther than I want to drive but if its my only option!
quack-quack
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm

quack-quack wrote:How is the Long Lake Recreation area? Still farther than I want to drive but if its my only option!

there are a bunch of small water bodies in the forest that you could run, just pull up topos and you'll find areas that are right close to the road. there's good training water at the wet dog training area on division rd just south of cth f. it's basically a marsh and has great cover, if you're looking at just taking them for a swim and throwing a few bumpers for some water exercise then any of the lakes that have launches would suffice.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/kmn/todo.html
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting