Duck Hunts for Heroes

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Duck Hunts for Heroes

Postby CHAP » Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Fellow Duck Hunters: Do you know if the WI DNR or local groups of duck or goose hunters offer hunts for our Servicemembers, particularly those wounded in OIF/OEF? I am a retired Army chaplain and live in Hudson, WI and would like to see if some folks in my area are interested in getting something like this going. thanks, CHAP LANE :thumbsup:
CHAP
Newb

Re: Duck Hunts for Heroes

Postby koonce727 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 am

Not sure on groups specific to the area, but I know there are some groups that do it. I have opened my boat up to those who have served. I seen many ppl post things in the swap hunt forums for them or topics started for the purpose of vets being able to find someone to take them out in there area.

I had the pleasure of taking a couple out this past season and have made two life long friends out of it. Great guys to say the least, I now communicate with them on a weekly basis.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting