Moving to Wisconsin Rapids/ Stevens point area

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Moving to Wisconsin Rapids/ Stevens point area

Postby hunter121390 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Right now I live in southeastern wisconsin, but I will be moving up to Hancock, which is about 25-30 minutes from Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point. I'll be moving up there in the next month or so hopefully. I'm a huge bow hunter, and love to waterfowl hunt as well. I have no problem pounding on doors for permission and looking for land, but I also like to hunt public land. I'm just wondering where some good public land is around the area, mainly for early season bow hunting. I don't hunt public much after pheasant opens, because atleast where I live now, bowhunting is basically ruined then. Too many pheasant, coon, and squirrel hunters. Also I'm wondering how the waterfowl hunting is in the area. Just kind of trying to get an idea for the area. Thanks.
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Re: Moving to Wisconsin Rapids/ Stevens point area

Postby muskyduck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Get used to hunting public. No problem with pheasant hunters up there (since ther are none) and a lot of public land to bow hunt. Unless you are willing to lease, good luck with getting permission
muskyduck
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting