North Dakota Trip - Tips???

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

North Dakota Trip - Tips???

Postby p_olson22 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Looking to head to ND this fall with a group of buddies for the first time since losing access to the expansive farm I once had privilege to hunt. I have been to the devils lake area as well as the Sacagawea lake area however I am curious if anyone has any advice/recommendations on areas to hunt throughout the state (public land, decent priced outfitter without guide simply providing access to land, etc.).

Its getting to be that time of year fellas, starting to get the itch!

Thanks
p_olson22
Newb

Re: North Dakota Trip - Tips???

Postby beretta24 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 pm

p_olson22 wrote:Looking to head to ND this fall with a group of buddies for the first time since losing access to the expansive farm I once had privilege to hunt. I have been to the devils lake area as well as the Sacagawea lake area however I am curious if anyone has any advice/recommendations on areas to hunt throughout the state (public land, decent priced outfitter without guide simply providing access to land, etc.).

Its getting to be that time of year fellas, starting to get the itch!

Thanks

I wouldnt count on people giving you areas but if you find a good chunk of water on a map you should find birds. What kind and numbers will depend on when you go.

Do some digging online and you might find someone renting a place. They will likely have some info on their area.
beretta24
State Moderator

Re: North Dakota Trip - Tips???

Postby Raves24 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:47 pm

P-

We have been going to North Dakota from Wisconsin for 3 years now. The first year we went to Devils Lake area. I wouldn't suggest it unless you want to get 50 miles from there to hunt. Did we shoot lots of ducks.....sure did, but it was very hard work on public land for them. Second year we picked another spot on the map and did even better with less pressure. This will be the third year going. A different spot on the map. We scout every day. Find were the birds are and you will have good shooting in the morning. Knock on lots of doors. Thats about all it takes in North Dakota. Enjoy!
Raves24
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting