Big Trips This Year

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Re: Big Trips This Year

Postby Bigpuddin43 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Well I'm from ky but going to up to Wisconsin delevan area for a weekend trip to hunt with my brother after taking him on a hunt here in ky last year now he is hooked. Probably just public ground as he hasn't found any private ground to hunt yet. We will be up there November 23-24. Also trips to western ky and Henderson ky for early wood duck and teal season in a couple weeks then a trip to Ohio to hunt geese with my cousin.
Bigpuddin43
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 pm

well i'm headed out west, i am originally from the waukesha area and i go to school at platteville. My freshman room mate got me hooked on waterfowling and he ended up moving back home sophmore year since his mother got diagnosed with congestive heart failure. With him being away at school and his mother at home it got to be to hard on him so he moved home. This year i finally get to reconect with him in his home state of California! I'm headed out there for christmas break to go shoot some ducks! I cant wait for the trip!
schumacherm
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Schumacher what high school did you attend? Im also from Waukesha.

Sent while sitting at work!
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby RookieJ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Just found out the wife is buying me a guided hunt for the bday but told me since she had no idea what hunt I would want. Thinking of heading to southern Illinois to extend the season in late December and still have the license to hunt that way after the Dec. 1st close. Has anyone been down that way hunting and have any advice on a guide service?
There will be blood!
RookieJ
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

backwoodsboy09 wrote:Schumacher what high school did you attend? Im also from Waukesha.

I went to New Berlin west... What a joke of a school its become thanks to the administration
schumacherm
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 am

My girlfriend went to school there. Never got to play you guys in football :grin:

2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby Y2JJ » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:35 pm

:-) wrote:My only big trip this year will be to Utah this January.

Snowbird...Brighton...???
Y2JJ
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Y2JJ wrote:

Ogden/Willard...it's my goal to hunt a different state each year. Can't wait for the Alaska trip!
:-)
hunter

Postby Chet » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:52 am

:-) wrote:
Y2JJ wrote:

Ogden/Willard...it's my goal to hunt a different state each year. Can't wait for the Alaska trip!

I live in Willard. What type of hunting are you going to do?

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Chet wrote:
Y2JJ wrote:

Chet

Ducks

Hopefully there will be a lot of ice, and I'll be able to find some salty water somewhere that's holding a few birds. I'm not after any particular species...just wanting to see something different.
hunter

Postby Chet » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Chet wrote:
Y2JJ wrote:

Chet

Ducks

Hopefully there will be a lot of ice, and I'll be able to find some salty water somewhere that's holding a few birds. I'm not after any particular species...just wanting to see something different.

Let me know when you are coming. I have a little seven acre lake with a warm spring on my farm and get some good mallard shooting that time of year.

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Sounds good. There will be 2 of us...me and a guy from Monroe, LA.

I always have extra room should you find yourself down in Texas. It don't matter where you come to...I hunt all over the state.
hunter

Postby Chet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Sounds good. I also have a layout boat and a diver rig. We can chase down some ducks on the open lake water too.

Chet
Chet
hunter

Previous

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting