Asking Permission

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Asking Permission

Postby DellsDucks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 am

Ok.... I get nervous as hell when i have to go knock on a farmers door to ask to hunt his fields. Can someone please tell me what they say when they ask a farmer to hunt his crop land. I know everyone says the worst they can say is "No" but still that just puts you back to square one. Can someone please give me some tips!
Thanks,
DellsDucks
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Re: Asking Permission

Postby 709sim » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 am

Just be polite and keep in mind that if its a hot area they probably get asked a lot so don't just get out of the truck and say hey can I hunt in that field. I keep deer jerky in the truck to sweeten the deal...a trick I saw on here that works in those high traffic areas is to have a piece of paper on you that lists your contact info and dnr info. It can put there mind at ease. One more pointer...farmers are almost always working on something so if they look busy when you drive by you may want to stop in later. Your gonna get a lot of no's but if you get 20 no's and one yes you got a place to hunt. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
709sim
hunter

Postby DellsDucks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 am

Thanks A lot!!!
It helps when you have guys like yourself that will give tips to younger hunters like myself. It means a lot!
Thanks again!
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 pm

x2 ^^ offering services also helps too. tell them youd be willing to do some work prior to hunting to earn the land u want to hunt. also once you get permissions. make it an obligation to yourself to bring the owners a present of some sort. this will most likely clinch your spot for the following year as well.
Rhock19
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting