Public Land Hunting

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Public Land Hunting

Postby MNtransplant » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 pm

First season hunting Wisconsin and trying to get the low down on public hunting. I see there are several Wildlife Areas near Fondulac and Manitowac. Are these areas first come first serve or do you need a permit/blind reservation? Not looking for the honey holes, just general information on hunting public land here, thanks.
MNtransplant
hunter

Re: Public Land Hunting

Postby Raves24 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 pm

First come, first serve....get there early, and hunt weekdays....welcome to Wisconsin. You will soon learn to hate public hunting just like the rest of us in Wisconsin. There are good days and bad....
Raves24
hunter

Postby wiscoboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:45 am

There are a few good ponds over in the waupun area across the horicon marsh by oakfield
wiscoboy
hunter

Postby nme » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Anyone know of any areas within 30min - 1 hour from the Green Bay or Appleton area?

I've been down to the brillion public land, but looking for something I can hit before work without being too late.. :)
nme
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting