Guided hunt

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Guided hunt

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 am

Hey guys. Im looking for a guided hunt for myself and 2 of my buddies. Were from Louisiana and want to make a trip up north this season for a change of scenery. If there are any guide services you have used or would recommend, please let me know. Looking for mallards/pintails and geese so what would be the best time of the season to get up there an hunt? Thanks in advance
Alex.18
hunter

Re: Guided hunt

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 am

I wouldn't come here for mallards and pintails, go the extra distance to North Dakota. If you wanted to hunt divers here contact Wisconsin Coastal Outfitters.

Sent while sitting at work!
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby Alex.18 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for the peply
Alex.18
hunter

Postby Trout&Duck » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm

If you want to go after geese Illinois wouldn't be bad, and there are a bunch of guides within an hour of two of Chicago. (I would not recommend Fox Valley guide service though. My Dad and I had to set the decoys, while the guide was driving his truck and trailer back, and he thought we should end the hunt at around 11:00, but as he was driving to the pit he flared a flock of Twenty geese, and we got skunked. We got to pay full price though... :rolleyes: ) Porters is pretty good though.
Trout&Duck
hunter

Postby gatorsnagger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 am

I agree with the above.... go for a layout hunt in Lake Superior or Lake Michigan. No point in hunting puddles in Wisconsin trying to scratch out a bird or two over a weekend.
gatorsnagger
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting