Anyone seeing BWT's

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Anyone seeing BWT's

Postby gatorsnagger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 am

Not seeing many bluewings yet around the St Louis or Lake Superior. Lots of geese but so far no migrators. Hoping the 60 degree weather will start pushing them through before the youth hunt. Anyone in the Mississippi River seeing any BWT yet or they going to skip us straight to Louisiana again this year?
gatorsnagger
hunter

Re: Anyone seeing BWT's

Postby Tsquare86 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 am

South Central WI, I jumped 300-400 of them two weeks ago (Along with a lot of other ducks). Didn't row back into that honey hole this weekend while goose hunting. I felt it best to leave things be.

Seeing great duck numbers in my stomping grounds. Looking forward to the Southern Opener.
Tsquare86
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 am

kicked up a bunch of ducks in jefferson co last weekend scouting. mostly bwts also a few green wings. about 200-250 birds total
Rhock19
hunter

Postby gatorsnagger » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 am

Found quite a few BWT in the beaver ponds this weekend while scouting. Jumped a flock of about 20 wood ducks as well. Things are looking good for the youth opener next weekend. Assuming I can get the kid to wake up that early.
gatorsnagger
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting