Open Water Boat Blinds

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Open Water Boat Blinds

Postby reckfowler1995 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 am

How affective is using boat blinds on Lake Winnebago and Lake Michigan for divers? Any feedback would be appreciated :thumbsup:
reckfowler1995
Newb

Re: Open Water Boat Blinds

Postby marktank » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 am

Winnebago is tough with a boat in the open water. The divers there seem more Leary than out on Lake Michigan. You can do cause I have but layout boat is the way to go on Winnebago. Just watch it before you know it that lake can have some nasty rollers in a hurry. Me and a buddy went out there last year and within five minutes it went from calm to outright survival ! Michigan the divers don't seem to mind the boat as much but for more success layout is the way to go. Even hunting from shore on Michigan seems to be better than going in the open water with a boat. Once again though if your on the X sometimes it just don't matter.
marktank
hunter

Re: Open Water Boat Blinds

Postby Tsquare86 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 am

I did my fair share of LM hunting last year with an open boat. Sit still and they'll come in. Especially if you have some kind of backdrop behind the boat to 'mish mash' with.
Tsquare86
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting