Duck Hunting Forum banner

How are you doing?

8K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  nelly_benelli 
#1 ·
So this was the first day that we got out. 3 teal and a woodie. Today we got 4 teal!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Got a big mallard Sunday afternoon, I guess it made sitting through that massive rain storm worth it. :lol3: Sunday got 2 blue wing teal 5 mins in, and 3 more while grabbing the first 2, decided to wait for some mallards that were circling around, didn't happen. Spooked a goose that I called in from across the lake with a bad hunk at the last moment... .then I had to go back to Illinois.

#5 ·
My brother missed a mallard and a blue wing teal. It's his first year hunting and he is doing it all alone. So it's gonna take learning a few lessons but he has enjoyed it. Called me the other night excited for missing the blue wing said he had a blast even though he had no ducks to bring home. Me and a buddy are coming up the weekend before thanksgiving to hunt with him and can't wait.

#20 ·
Opening weekend was a bust; new-ish neighbor walked my spot along the crik.

Only taken one mallard and one woodie, but Mick stayed on that mallard until he brought her in. A good hunt. :)

Is it just my aging, or have hunting manners kind of disappeared?

#22 ·
Greenwings here too. First day that I did not see any bluewings.

It was pretty foggy though.

Managed three, and was tickled to do so, considering the fog. Could have had a couple more, but without a dog, I hold myself to a strict mark and retrieve before worrying what else is in the sky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.