Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mississippi report pool 9

6K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Rhock19 
#1 ·
Im planning on heading west this weekend and was wondering if anyone has been seeing any divers? Thanks

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
koonce727 said:
^ congratulations, you just added ten trucks to the landing. I love out of towners like you....
From what I hear you have to camp on islands at that place to even get a spot. Its been so written up and talked about everybody and their brother seems to want to hunt it(except me). I will pass on the zoo but I enjoy the stories!

#13 ·
koonce727 said:
^ congratulations, you just added ten trucks to the landing. I love out of towners like you....
Relax, there's enough ducks for everyone. Just because you're a guide doesn't mean you're the only one that should be hunting there. Tough job, being a guide. Real hard. If I paid you good money and you took me there to shoot ducks I'd be pissed. If you want to be a true guide, take your clients somewhere special that they can't experience on their own.
If anyone is exploiting the river, it's you. Keep in mind every person you take there, they go back on their own and bring ten friends. Then they bring ten friends and so on.
If you don't like out of towners or don't want people hunting by you, move. The Mississippi is not a big secret.

#17 ·
Dan R said:
koonce727 said:
Relax, there's enough ducks for everyone. Just because you're a guide doesn't mean you're the only one that should be hunting there. Tough job, being a guide. Real hard. If I paid you good money and you took me there to shoot ducks I'd be pissed. If you want to be a true guide, take your clients somewhere special that they can't experience on their own.
If anyone is exploiting the river, it's you. Keep in mind every person you take there, they go back on their own and bring ten friends. Then they bring ten friends and so on.
If you don't like out of towners or don't want people hunting by you, move. The Mississippi is not a big secret.
Your a retard. Get off your worthless guide rant. I am not a guide and I hate local public land guides. It's a joke name given to us by some veterans we took hunting, yes, some of us do actually give back.... I would never guide in this area because I do agree with how guides are detrimental to the area as are people worthless "I did this good posts". Wahoo who cares thanks for the self brag. Heck the op was asking about divers anyways and your chime on your sweet teal hunt.... Worthless post

As you can see from some others locals they agree with me. So until you live here and deal with what we do on a regular basis your opinion holds no value.

#20 ·
As a local I try to remain patient but my issue comes from when guys (usually out of towners) come here and "scout" next to the refuge and see all the ducks flying the line. They go there without decoys and skyblast every damn duck within 150 yards. Then they go home after burning 3-5 boxes of shells while us locals are left with the aftermath of butt shy ducks during the week who sit the refuge all darn day. Then it happens again the next weekend. So excuse me for why I don't ever welcome those clowns with open arms! :welcome:

I have been out with the burlap bros guide service a few occasions nice guys they waved the guide fee for me and I still got the luxurious boat blind experience a continental breakfast and an overall great experience

#21 ·
Rhock19 said:
then quit bitchin about people coming to hunt around you. If it ain't private then stfu. because in the end what can you really do...nada

Team Quackout
I can keep on poser quackout tools like yourself. I'll keep at it. Why don't you gtf outta here you don't even live around here. Just barken out your quackout arse. Big guy you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.