Looking for a hunting partner - Western Wisconsin

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Looking for a hunting partner - Western Wisconsin

Postby lik3w1se » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello gents,

I've been more of a lurker here over the years, but wanted to reach out to the community to find a potential hunting buddy. I've recently moved to Minneapolis, but grew up and hunted around Appleton and Green Bay (and still hunt there with my brother when I can take time off work).

I'd really like to get after some ducks/geese in Western Wisconsin, but don't have any friends yet in the area, and I've always found it more fun and advantageous to hunt with a partner or small group.

I'd be happy to pitch in for gas, gear etc., and would promise not to reveal your spots or go there alone without you or your permission.

Bit of background on me: 30 years old, been in the field since I could walk. Like to get them in close over the decoys and shoot them in the face.

I also have a pretty decent pheasant spot I found I can offer up in "trade."

Thanks for reading and look forward to meeting some good folks.

J.
lik3w1se
Newb

Re: Looking for a hunting partner - Western Wisconsin

Postby gt&h » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Just stumbled upon this forum about a month ago and learning how to use it a little better. May be a little late but i am from western wisconsin about 15-20 min from the stillwater bridge depending how fast you go. How often you looking to hunt over here? I got a few spots but i am also fairly new to the sport its my second year. I about 3 doz. decoys and also a dog also got a 12 foot boat that we just paddle to our spots and looking to upgrade to a john boat and beavertail next year to hunt on the st.croix. Hunt with my dad and sisters boyfriend mainly but its always fun going with new people swappin stories and learning how they do things. I like most hunters am very secretive with my spots beings we get a lot of shooting in where we go but if your up to chattin and maybe planning a hunt with us let me know!
gt&h
hunter

Re: Looking for a hunting partner - Western Wisconsin

Postby lik3w1se » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Cool man. Sent you a PM
lik3w1se
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting