Wind Lake

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Wind Lake

Postby Trout&Duck » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Do divers use Wind Lake, I would like a chance to shoot one, but have no idea where to go. (Guide, Mississippi River, and Lake michigan aren't options)
Trout&Duck
hunter

Re: Wind Lake

Postby SlinginSteel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:50 am

Buffleheads and ringnecks are what you'll see mostly in the way of divers. You won't see any substantial numbers until after the season closes however. That's not to say you won't see other types come through too, I've shot a couple redheads and bluebills, even seen a few cans. I hunt up the road a little ways and occasionally hit wind for some late season mallards.
"Thank God they don't shoot back!"
SlinginSteel
Newb

Postby Z3k3 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 am

SlinginSteel wrote:Buffleheads and ringnecks are what you'll see mostly in the way of divers. You won't see any substantial numbers until after the season closes however. That's not to say you won't see other types come through too, I've shot a couple redheads and bluebills, even seen a few cans. I hunt up the road a little ways and occasionally hit wind for some late season mallards.

I second that. Not much diver action. I hunt that lake quite a bit out of convenience. I'll actually be out tomorrow morning as well.
Z3k3
Newb

Postby Trout&Duck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 am

Does the lake get alot of hunting pressure?
Trout&Duck
hunter

Postby Z3k3 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Trout&Duck wrote:Does the lake get alot of hunting pressure?

Yes, if you go out on the weekend, I would scout a spot and come up with a couple alternatives. Not nearly as much cover as Big Muskego so your options are more limited, and the regular guys have their spots and they get there early. You're better off hunting an afternoon and finding a spot if you haven't been out there.
Z3k3
Newb

Postby SlinginSteel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:04 am

Trout & Duck, sent ya PM.
"Thank God they don't shoot back!"
SlinginSteel
Newb

Postby Trout&Duck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks
Trout&Duck