Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hunting Lake Michigan?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  droeder10 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Im new to this site so bare with me. I am also just kinda getting it duck hunting and im from Racine, WI, not far from lake michigan. I was wondering how to go about hunting on lake michigan. I would love to try it but i have no idea how to go about doing it. So some advice would be great to get me started.

Thanks Dan.

#2 ·
i hunt it but we only luanch 100 yards away from where we hunt. we hunt down south of the Navy base but i would go more that max 1 mile away from the launch, especially in a duck boat. we've been out there and its glass, and in less the 20 seconds its 6-8 waves out of the north east. you cant go off the weather forcast, you have to be put there yourself to look at the waves. The lake has a mond of it's own and can change in seconds. The lake is the best late winter when all the other ponds are frozen over because the is the only open water. so be careful and goodluck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.