Tichigan?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Tichigan?

Postby droeder10 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Anyone hunt near Tichigan? I have never hunted the lake just the public walk in area.. not sure if theres a specific name. But any birds moving around in this area?
droeder10
Newb

Re: Tichigan?

Postby SlinginSteel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 am

If you like seagulls and coots then you're set. Not a large number of birds in the area yet in way of ducks. Geese are in the area all around tichigan
"Thank God they don't shoot back!"
SlinginSteel
Newb

Postby Z3k3 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:24 pm

SlinginSteel wrote:If you like seagulls and coots then you're set. Not a large number of birds in the area yet in way of ducks. Geese are in the area all around tichigan

I've noticed the same thing. Not many birds down here the last couple weeks. Been a lot steadier up north. Hopefully the next week or so more birds will show up.
Z3k3
Newb

Postby droeder10 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks a lot.. its hard for me to scout around when i only come home from school on the weekends.
droeder10
Newb

Postby SlinginSteel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 am

Not to be weird but where abouts do you go to school?
"Thank God they don't shoot back!"
SlinginSteel
Newb

Postby droeder10 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:06 am

I go to UW-Platteville. My dad and I attempted to hunt out here this weekend, but without a dog or a boat we are very limited. We ended up finding a slew in the woods and hunted over that and only got one woodie.
droeder10
Newb

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting