Decoy Help

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Decoy Help

Postby rnloutdoors » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 am

I hunt mostly the Wisconsin river and for divers I just make my lines of them but for puddler ducks I use the same old v shape and I have more decoys I would like to use is there any more kinda patterns i could throw in besides my v?
rnloutdoors
hunter

Re: Decoy Help

Postby koonce727 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 am

There's lots of options and all of them have been talked about on the we . A search would do some good.

But just for the same of it. You could run a classic j or L. Put the bulk of the deeks at the top of the spread to form the hook them trickled the deeks down infront of you. The bulk will act like a blocker.

Your can also run two blobs with a gap in the middle and maybe a few deeks trickled between the blobs.

You can run anything you can dream up just leave a hole or loosin the deeks up in the area you want to try and finish them.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby Robert plus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm

where about on the Wisconsin river
Robert plus
hunter

Postby rnloutdoors » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:27 am

around central Wisconsin
rnloutdoors