Duck Hunting Forum banner

Where the H3LL are the ducks?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  muskyduck 
#1 ·
Have not been seeing hardly any ducks. I look at migration reports and they are saying they are seeing them and i have been going all over and not been seeing anything. What have you all witnessed?

#2 ·
We had lots of woodies around this weekend. Our Saturday morning hunt lasted all of 10 minutes. They just kept piling in. 2 man limit. Only saw about a dozen on Sunday morning. Group of 4 came in and knocked down 2, including a banded hen woodie. Local bird. Whiffed a couple times sunday night. Juneau County.

#4 ·
I'm from the Madison area and we've been seeing a decent amount of ducks for the past few weeks. Not huge numbers by any stretch but if you put in the work there are plenty to be had. Getting at least 4-5 every trip out. Hunted Pool 9 last weekend and saw a lot of high flyers, but still plenty to pop at. Been working up in the Reedsburg area lately and have seen plenty up there too.

#9 ·
Central has been getting the divers. Great reports on bluebills, goldeneye, and cans on the river. Geese are here but fields are just now getting harvested so they will finally be moving a bit more. Very small push of mallards so far. Starting tomorrow it will freeze at night and through the weekend. You will see some serious mallard movement then with the small backwater areas icing up. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.