Mojo for divers

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Mojo for divers

Postby rnloutdoors » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 am

I'm going to be hunting divers and puddle ducks this weekend and we use a mojo for puddle ducks and I was wondering if they scare or flare away divers?

Thanks
rnloutdoors
hunter

Re: Mojo for divers

Postby BurnettGunner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 am

I know the ringnecks really like them. I couldn't tell you about the others.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby DKMF » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:46 am

It all depends on the time if year, weather, spot your in, have the birds been shot at before, it's carries day to day. Best thing to do is experiment with them. If they like it use it if they flare away take it down. I know it's a hard concept to grasp but experimenting with different looks goes a long ways.
DKMF
hunter

Postby rnloutdoors » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks, I got all day Saturday, so I will just do a little experimenting and see what happens
rnloutdoors
hunter

Postby marktank » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:08 pm

If you got a spread of 100 decoys or more like I use, you won't need a mojo to grab attention. In my experience sometimes they like it but sometimes they don't. I prefer not to use it if I am diver hunting though. IMO
marktank
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting