Where to get boat bearing replaced?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Where to get boat bearing replaced?

Postby quack-quack » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I am in Milwaukee and when I was coming home from hunting my axel bearing completely destroyed and the wheel almost threw off ! I was a little nervous, but now I need to find someone who can fix it. Im a handy guy buy never done this before and dont want to pay $200 to replace a bearing on a $200 trailer.
Any recomendations, anyone do this on the side, any other options besides just buy a new trailer!??

thanks!
quack-quack
hunter

Re: Where to get boat bearing replaced?

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Where are you located? You can buy hub and bearing kits from Farm and Fleet or Fleet Farm. I've done them on my Michigan boat and my duck boat on the side of the road in NoDak. If you're in SE WI I can lend a hand on weekends.

Sent while sitting at work!
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby Wi Browndog » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Your cost to repair will depend on how much damage was done to the axle. I would find a small local auto mechanic shop and have them give me an estimate. A $200 trailer with no wheel is worth $0, while a replaced hub/ bearings can make it useable for easily less than $200. Best of luck.
"Every day is a good day - some are just better than others"
Wi Browndog
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I had the same thing happen to me coming back from hunting. I wasn't about to leave the boat on the side of the road so I took the next 2 hours slow! Cost $150 to fix and get the other side checked on and greased. For the price the peace of mind knowing it was done properly was well worth it.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby quack-quack » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Where did ya go ?
quack-quack
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting